Stock Picks sites?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Grabbit, Jul 28, 2001.

1. Grabbit

Grabbit

Anyone any experience with stock picks sites? For swingtrading as well as (especially) daytrading. What are the good ones, if any? Or should you never rely upon such services?

I once tried Investyourself.com, but this guy let you go through an awful lot of reading. Although he may be good, I'm looking for something that gives me much simpler buy and sell signals.

Also tried Geniusity.com, but they have a terrible interface, very confusing, I never managed to enter the three trades in time into my IB screen. They trade very short term, usually only during appr. the first half hour of trading and then call it a day.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

2. Try hardrightedge.com, they give you links to a bunch of chart picking guys. Their links are to all free ones too, which is cool.

My favorite guy from those links is Chartpicks.com, http://www.chartpicks.com/ , he is a good reader of the market.

Eddie

3. tradeRX

tradeRX

Have you tried... http://www.millennium-traders.com

The room is $249.00/month. Two traders, LIGHTNING & THUNDER, make the calls.

15 to 20 trades are called by EACH...30 or more total calls every day.

Usually, 2 to 4 premarket calls.

Trade all day from premarket till close. (NO overnight positions or swingtrading)

Trade NASDAQ stocks like NVDA, VRST, VRSN, AMAT, QLGC etc.

Use a ONE POINT stop for all trades.

Their interface is VERY VERY easy to use! It goes something like this...

In the room, on your screen you'll see this:

WATCHING FOR THE BOTTOM ON NVDA

This usually gives you 15-20 secs (and often more) to setup the trade. Plenty of time.

Then you'll see:

CONSIDER BUY NVDA. ALWAYS USE A TIGHT STOP.

It can't get any simpler than this. They do this all day...calling LONGS & SHORTS.

But, YOU are responsible for when you EXIT the trade. Occasionally they will call an exit, but they make it very clear right from the start that ultimately you decide when to exit the trade.

Also, at any given time, they may have 5 or 6 open positions. THUNDER & LIGHTNING are personable, and they will readily answer short light questions. On Tuesdays and Thursdays they host a training seminar free to all members that is essentially a Q&A session about trading, exits, indicators etc.

I almost forgot, in the room, all current open positions are listed with their entry prices so you can quickly see what's going on.

Each tick into the money is also displayed in the room as follows:

WINNER ALERT NVDA 71.2
    WINNER ALERT NVDA 71.3
    WINNER ALERT NVDA 71.4
    WINNER ALERT NVDA 71.6

You get the idea.

Well, there's the scoop on M-T as I see it.

Good Luck.

tradeRX

4. tradeRX

tradeRX

Grabbit,

I was also a member of Ken Calhoun's room for two months...

http://www.daytrading-university.com/dynamicdaytrader.htm

Although Ken makes calls his emphasis is training you to trade his style. He states right from the start that he wants you to learn how to make your own trade decisions (utilizing his style of course) independent of an outside source. I learned much there.

He trades only in the AM, 9:30 to 12:00, no premarket, very very seldom in afternoon. Two day high/low breakouts are his predominate style, and he ties it all together w/ market indices. He trades strictly from charts, no news etc.

The pace is fast and furious. Although you prepare your potential trades and alerts in the premarket, once they're triggered you gotta move fast. Definitely what professional mo-mo trading is all about.

tradeRX

5. I like tradingmarkets.com, but you really need to develop a style of your own, and stay out of rooms. They always make things too crowded. If you want something interesting, you can try my elitetradinginaction on yahoochat. It is best to just find a few people who trade like you though, and just do it by yourself aways from a moderator.

6. Babak

Babak

7. http://www.fundvision.com

Great site for sectors and ETF fund plays, QQQ, SPY also
    NL funds (sectors) free site, no BS, no registering and
    very successful technical traders. Folks there play with
    big bucks and some are pro money managers. No talk ever
    about Daytrading under $25k dolldrums....
    Good place to expand your horizons and see what others are
    doing for profit.

8. Grabbit

Grabbit

Thank you all for your useful suggestions, I will check them all out.

I believe/hope a good stock pick service is a better investment than expensive software with an expensive "strategy" that may or may not work. I was about to try/buy Tradestation 2000i plus a strategy, together $4000,- . But why buy the stuff myself, if others are better at reading the market. Agree or not?

Meanwhile, other good experiences with (especially real-time) stock pick services are still welcome.
    (I am especially looking for the ones that don't try to teach you too much (there are excellent other sites for that), not much more than just the buy and sell signals would be fine for me.)

9. tradeRX

tradeRX

10. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

I tried two chatrooms:

undergroundtrader.com
    millennium-trader.com

and they simply do not work for me. Its too much and to many calls to manage and I felt like I was wasting my time there. Sure they call possible entries for short term scalps but you can do the same thing just following a couple stocks and your favorite indicator on a 1min time frame.

I doubt any top traders use chatrooms because you need to develop your own system and calls.

I find I can do the same as the chatrooms just by following a stock like PDLI with 1min stochastics, without all the headaches.

#10     Jul 29, 2001