Stock picking

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MiniGrasshopper, Jan 15, 2004.

1. most stock scanners iv found are only giving choices for adding criteria on the scan..such as Volume change..Price change

Im wondering what stock scanner do you use charles that lets you add all them indicators to do the scan?

#11     Jan 27, 2004
  2. I have recently started trading/investing in just a couple stocks. i try to pick stocks on companies I know alot about and see that they have potential. I was lucky enough to buy a fair amount of shares of RIMM because I thought their 7200 series of Blackberry devices would yield alot of Blackberrey Enterprise Server upgrades.... It paid off right before Xmas! :p

I sold when it was at 75 and now it trades at 88, but I still consider it a good stock pick considering i bought at 30.

#12     Jan 27, 2004
  3. I use http://stockcharts.com/index.html

Just my personal choice.

Charles

#13     Jan 27, 2004
  4. chaerles trader

can you get the price volume indicator on daily charts on stockcharts.com.
    thanks

#14     Jan 27, 2004
  5. Yes, StockCharts.com has the price by volume indicator.

Charles

#15     Jan 28, 2004
  6. charlestrader
    thanks for the reply. You show the price by volume. I,m looking for the pv indicator.

#16     Jan 28, 2004
  7. #17     Jan 28, 2004
  8. charles
    Its called the price volume trend (pvt). Sort of lead you astray.
    Sorry about that. It is displayed on the price chart and not below it like the pvo.
    regards

#18     Jan 28, 2004
  9. Attached should be the definition of Price Volume Trend indicator that you are describing. It appears that StockCharts.com does not have this indicator.

Charles

#19     Jan 28, 2004
  10. I,m not surprised. Its a great daytrading indicator. Never seen it on daily charts but I bet it would be great for swing trading as well. thanks for the reply

#20     Jan 28, 2004