stock picking site

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 10K, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Threei

Threei

where do you see me making excuses? I simply explain how our service is run. You think it should be run differently - fine, I am entitled to have my opinion on how to run my business, and as you indicated you elected different way in your business. That's fine, noone of us is ultimate role model for another.

As I explained, I see no value in posting of performance track record for several reasons. You cited solution for one of them - great, but it doesn't mean I have to do it while all other reasons are still in place.

Vad

#51     Feb 8, 2002
  2. Funster,

Do you mean audited like in "Arthur Andersen audited"?

Sorry, I couldn't resist :D

#52     Feb 8, 2002
  3. Sorry to change the subject but has anyone read David's book "Rules of the Trade: Indispensable Insights for Online Profits"?

What do you think of it? He got nine good reviews on Amazon.

#53     Feb 8, 2002
  4. Today ends an exciting week in the market. Nasdaq bust a key price level and moving average level of 1800. The SOX (Philadelphia Semis) look like a top heavy head and shoulders weakening at the knees, and the BTK (Biotech’s) look like they have had enough bullets fired at them since the beginning of the year stabilizing for a trend reversal to the upside.

Today staged a late day rally on a short squeeze that you could see coming based on the market action this week as well as the internals. All in all for the week, I think we see a weak Nasdaq next week, an even weaker SOX and a strong Biotech. As always, trade what you see not what you think, but always have a bias based on objective analysis before each trading day. This is my closing view of the week and outlook at this point for next week.

We have received tremendous response to the posting of my order book and trades done, therefore I will continue to post trading results as time permits. Today was a bit choppy up until the close, so activity was light yet marginally profitable. The attachment will show some activity in AMGN once again for some scalping activity. Next week should be very active if the market trends continue and we will continue to post. Next week will although be short given the OTE. We will be leaving Thursday so trading will be only Monday through Wednesday. Look for us (RealTick, TeraNova, and MarketWise) at the show and have a great weekend. Here are few charts to feed you market animals till then! lol

The last post
    I should clarify that even though we held above 1800 at 1818 for the COMPX, we did in fact break the 1800 level sharply today to 1778. The fact that we had an afternoon rally to close above 1800 smells more like a short squeeze versus true stabilization. Also, please forgive my type-o in the last post. I'm going fast, heading out the door for a couple beers!

The Order book for today
    Light day. Net profit $675

Attachment: 2.8.02 order book.doc
    This has been downloaded 21 time(s).

#54     Feb 8, 2002
  5. Sorry for the multiple post everyone. I'm new at this. Here is the other attachement. Have a good weekend!

#55     Feb 8, 2002
  6. I just developed a trading program that tells you which stock to trade and when to get in and out.

Looking for funding.......I can demonstate with online live signals if you contact me.

marcus@trendnumbers.com

#56     Feb 9, 2002
  7. Funster

Funster

I too have developed a system.

It will do all that marcus's one does.

It also gives you the winning lottery numbers for the next ten years based on a 10 year history using state-of the-art, proprietary "curve-fit-mongous" technology. :eek:

It will predict with a 94.329% success ratio and a 2.3943 sharpe ratio all the major horse race winners in the world.

Not only that, you lucky people, but it will also tell the time in China and make you a nice cup of tea in the morning. It might even offer personal services (sorry moderator, couldn't resist) if you ask it nicely! :D

PS: Also looking for funding. Cash in plastic bags acceptable. :) :p

#57     Feb 9, 2002
  8. Funster

Funster

Now then, David Nassar. You have been a busy boy. Absolutely everywhere at the moment. Books, magazines, websites. When is "Directional Movement" the movie coming out? :)

If you don't mind I would like to profer my own analysis on your pending H&S top in the SOX.

You might have also been looking for a H&S top around May/June. However from simple analysis I count at least 3 times you would have been squeezed on the short size before the move, the worst of which was in August when it actually negated the H&S . This might have eradicated most of the profits on that move if you had not had really tight stops.

First off we really need an indicator that offers more data from another source. This would simply be volume. However you can't get that for SOX, so let's look at 2 of the largest stocks in the index as well: Intel and Applied Material.

What we are looking for is the tell tale decrease in volume on the right shoulder. However neither stock has really seen marked depreciation in comparison to the head or the left shoulder.

What that says to me is that either we have a little more upside or this sideways consolidation will continue a while longer, squeezing breakout plays, possibly in both directions. I would plump for the latter. In fact judging by the way it has moved in the past it would not surprise me to see breakouts below 500 on the SOX that get squeezed to the upside.

If I was an options man, and with the vix at a reasonable level at the mo, I would be looking at a strategy that basically bets on sideways or upward movement right now. Credit spread or something of that ilk.

PS: Charts have not come out too well because of damn 102400 limit. All 3 on one page = 160000. Pain in the butt!

#58     Feb 9, 2002
  9. Funster

Funster

amat

• amat.jpg
      File size:
      52.8 KB
      Views:
    #59     Feb 9, 2002
  10. Funster

Funster

sox