stock picking site

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 10K, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Threei

Threei

am not... as I indicated from the very beginning, I am interested in discussion and willing to give insider's take, not in fight of any kind.

I just think I gave pretty clear answer to this question: because when I am in trade I want to be focused on it. Room running spreads the focus because I have to look at many other trades when asked or when alert is generated by the scanner. That's why I do only trades that can be managed inbetween - very fast ones, or those that can be managed without intense focus - very slow ones with thick levels, and big depth. Those two kinds are not necessary the same that are being alerted to the room.

That's it, I don't see why it doesn't answer your question. Could it be that your trading style is just different from mine so you can't relate? If you do swing trades or hold for hours, then I can see how it can happen.

Once again, no defensive stance and hard feeling on my side (except when I am being attacked with no apparent reason which is not the case with you). But I really am interested in why chat room operators are being under such a fire. Is it because of previous bad experience with some of them? See, I can understand someone who tried particular room and was not happy so he expresses his opinion. But don't you agree that we are seeing generic attack on all the rooms by people who were never in most of them?

Vad

#41     Feb 8, 2002
  2. Threei

Threei

btw, one more observation on adjusting of own trading, just to illustrate how room running alters your style (mine, in this case :)).

Most of my trades are done now in time of the day that is not really considered good for trading - from 10:30 to 2 pm. You can see easy why it happens - this is the time when activity in the room decreases and I have more time to focus on what I trade (except when I am giving the class).

Vad

#42     Feb 8, 2002
  3. Guys,

I hate snake oil, but let me just say that there is snake oil and then there are quality educational vendors that you pay for... let's not lump snake oil vendors with vendors that may actually be of use to the newer traders... people like Vadym 'Threei' Graifer, Alan Farley and Tony Oz may charge for their services, but thats capitalism... I don't regard these guys as snake oil cos although you pay, you may also learn some pretty good stuff... for example I have learnt a lot from Vadym's In-Play segment on his website... by all means, let's continue to monitor ALL vendors, but surely we should spend more time exposing and slamming the blatant crap quality snake-oilers, rather than the vendors which are actually quite decent and provide a potentially valuable service for newer traders.

Candle

#43     Feb 8, 2002
  4. oolarinm

oolarinm

MT is simply paper trading period . I tried them but i couldn't stand them . they are rubbish!!! they really are , there is so much to say about them . they spend the first half hour posting news that you can get from briefing . com and then waste your time all day calling unrealistic trades. If chat rooms were free, i would not mind having them as comic relief during trading as it can sometimes get boring . Now i do agree that some are good and can help you learn the basics. What i do is ,when they call the trades i look at level 2 and the charts to see if they are realistic ( i.e will you get a fill at that price e.t.c ) and so far i have been VERY disappointed . Actually to put it mildly its mostly a LIE.

#44     Feb 8, 2002
  5. Threei

Threei

If I understand it right, call is being made right when stock hits entry price? If that's the case, I can see easy how disappointing and frustrating it can get.

Trader has to have time to evaluate the chart, recognize the setup and look at level 2 to evaluate the risk. That's why we call trades in advance, before stock sets up, indicating type of setup, trigger point and stop level. Some of alerts are wasted as stock never sets up or hits stop level BEFORE triggering effectively invalidating the setup.

Vad

#45     Feb 8, 2002
  6. 10K

oolarinm are you refering to millennium-traders.com or some other site? Thanks much for your help.

#46     Feb 8, 2002
  7. Ok, I changed into some old clothes so you guys can pelt me with garbage :)

In our room, we have a "Position Minder" on the screen that shows all open and closed trades, intraday and swings, with entries, stops, where profits were taken, where stops were moved, and where the trades were closed. So, if anyone comes in late, or gets bumped, etc., they can log back in and see the current status, or just ask.

However, on the subject of a moderator trading every play, I personally will never do that, and the reason is this: Many times, I may hit my goal early on 1 or 2 trades (I trade futures also). If somebody comes into the room later, and is expecting some plays, I'm more than happy to continue to look for plays, give guidance and commentary, etc.. Nothing is different whether or not I'm in the trade also. However, I'm not going to risk giving my profits back just because somebody comes in late and expects me to be in that trade, too. Some may like it, some may not, but I post my entries/exits anyway so everyone knows whether i'm in that play or not.

#47     Feb 8, 2002
  8. Funster

Funster

Why don't you be honest then and say "I have done my trades for today and anything I give you now will be second rate"?

Also I don't buy the commercial contingencys' excuse on this ever more advertising based thread for not having a fully audited record. You may have scalpers, daytraders and position traders with different entries and exits. You also have 21st century technology that enables you to create databases that allows for this quite cheaply. I made my original money in a simple direct sales business. As a salesman with little patience I still had to learn VB/Access etc otherwise my 1000 strong sales rep business would have fallen apart before it even started.

#48     Feb 8, 2002
  9. 10K

Tradewinds I am looking for a good room. Can you direct me to your record for the last few months or so. I am looking to learn but also looking for good picks by an experienced tarder to help me get started on right foot. How is your room run? Thanks very much.

#49     Feb 8, 2002
  10. We should all be out for beers, but I couldn't resist stepping in. I agree w/ candle and the others. Forget subscriptions services that lead you to believe you can start paying to stop thinking. Keep your money, trade with discipline and gain experience that is truly the only real teacher. Sure books and classes will take time off your learning curve (my school included), but there is no replacement for trading and experience. Those that pay for these subscriptions remind me of the overweight individual who buys the so called miracle diet pill. Hey, if you want to make it happen you need to do the work! Trading is no different. Tough love?...yes...true?...absolutely! Good luck my friend.

David Nassar
    President/CEO
    MarketWise Trading School

#50     Feb 8, 2002