stock picking site

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 10K, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Threei,

What good is a room op if he doesn't call exits too? I'm sure the people in your room might find it a bit unnerving that you're just way too busy to monitor a trade after calling it. It's a matter of priorities--when a trade is on, the first priority is managing it. Of course, it's far easier to call dozens of trades or alerts, a couple are bound to be winners. Then it's "who's your daddy, ca-chingo."

#31     Feb 8, 2002
  2. FLACK

FLACK

I don't, however, like the structure of the chat. He never publishes his entering a position. When I asked, he said...."if it's on the list and it conforms to the time rule, I'm in." So, there's no guidance there. He does post scale levels and trailing stops. Mostly, he just posts annotated charts all day with support/resistance levels.

I tried Trendfund before, but couldn't stand the attitude of the principals.

Sorry for the rambling

#32     Feb 8, 2002
  3. AAA - totally agree with you.

All the BS and "it's such a difficult job" whining aside, it's simple - if the op can't manage the stream properly, they shouldn't be running a for-fee service.

I take your reference to "who's your daddy" and also agree there. I tried those bozos for a while and decided old Waxie "might" be a good trader (he's at least a good hypster), but thought he was one megarotten room op and the service completely sucked.

As Flack said, the attitudes were enough to choke on. Frankly, it would be interesting to see an audit of the records to see if there isn't some front running going on since he always seemed to be into a trade before it was announced and the VERY few times he bothered to say anything about an exit it was usually "oh, hope you all exited XYZ 1/2 point ago - I did". Gee, wouldn't that be nice? Charge outrageous fees AND screw everybody on the trades too??

Sorry, but an autobot can call a battery of entries and then (because they've previously declared that every trader is on their own to manage the trades) can claim any success rate they want to.

#33     Feb 8, 2002
  4. Threei

Threei

??

Where did you get the idea we don't call exits? I quoted the log earlier, you can see calls on entry, partial exit, stop trailing and ultimate exit. What you say ("Of course, it's far easier to call dozens of trades or alerts, a couple are bound to be winners") is exaclty what I cited as an example of poorly run service.
    You misread what I said. I said I can't manage MY OWN trade while having to answer questions and manage trade for others, and explained that this is the reason why MY OWN trades are not the same that room calls.

Vad

#34     Feb 8, 2002
  5. Threei

Threei

Is it about me and my post? If yes, wrong tree to bark on. I am the last person to whine and am happy with what I do - both trading and running the room. Don't take words out of context, read entire post

#35     Feb 8, 2002
  6. You enter the stock, what is next thing you do? You watch it. You react on what is happening. Now, imagine yourself being asked about different stock. You need to pull the chart, look at it, form your take and type the answer, and not in one word - people pay you for detailed answers, for explanations, not for "yes" or "no". All this time you don't watch your stock. Dunno about you but I am not comfortable trading like this. Next minute alert hits your scanner and you need again to pull the chart, make up your mind and alert the room - and again, you don't watch your stock.
    See, it's not just alert and buy, then alert exit and sell. There is plenty of stuff involved. It seems easy for outside eye only. It impacts greatly your style of trading.

Threei,

Your reply above seemed to be making the point that it was unfair to expect a P/L record from a room op because there were too many demands on your time to watch the trade.

I'm not trying to single you out for criticism. All I'm saying is what are the room members paying for if not to have the trade monitored, and if it is properly monitored, it doesn't seem like that big a deal to have a real life trading record. What's so hard about buying the stock when it is called and selling when an exit is called and at the end of the day, there is a P/L statement that can be proudly displayed to prospective room members?

#36     Feb 8, 2002
  7. "I said I can't manage MY OWN trade while having to answer questions and manage trade for others, and explained that this is the reason why MY OWN trades are not the same that room calls."

Threei

HUH? What trades are you making if not the same that you call in your room???

#37     Feb 8, 2002
  8. Threei

Threei

I don't get it... you either don't read what I say or I fail to express my thought clear enough.

Let me try again. Room members want the trade called to be monitored and managed properly, right? That we provide. No disagreement on this part?

Next part is, my own trades, particularly the question why I don't always do them while call them. Answer: you are under wrong impression that call on particular stock and managing this very trade is the only thing chat room operator does at given moment. You have dosens of traders and they are in different trades at the same time. Some of them ask questions and you need to focus on their trades, too. It takes your focus out of single stock and while it's possible to keep a corner of eye on it to react on events and alert about new development (stop trailing or closing the trade), having your own trade at the same time would be too much. Who thinks he can do all this, good luck, let me know how it works for you. I ceratinly can't. Did I manage to answer clearly?

Last part: don't you guys think that you tend to look for wrongdoing no matter what you are being told? Look: moderator doesn't take trade he calls - he is bad trader. Moderator takes the trade - he frontruns his members. What does it take to be clean in your eyes?
    Also, why the heck the very fact of running the room makes person such a target for you? (I am not necessary referring to you personally, AAA, this seems to be common trend). You don't criticize representative of any profession by the fact that he specializes in this profession, you rather look whether he is good at what he does, right? If so, why don't you apply the same approach in this case?

Vad

#38     Feb 8, 2002
  9. Threei

Threei

read my previous post on page 5 from 01:52 PM, part about style adjustment.

Vad

#39     Feb 8, 2002
  10. Threei,

Let me make it as simple as I can. Why is it so hard to hit the buy key when you call the entry and the sell key when you call the exit? Then you have a track record.

Don't get defensive, I'm not trying to criticize you. I'm asking what I thought was a simple question.

#40     Feb 8, 2002