stock picking site

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 10K, Feb 7, 2002.

1. 10K

Who is using www.millennium-traders.com ? Want to ask you a few questions. Please reply here if you are a subscriber or have been one in the last few months. There are rwo of them (thunder & Lightening) and there e-mail says they are doing 15 points each this last week. This seems like a very good record doesn't it? Need info on this. Thanks.

2. bora

bora

Save your money! Don't become a member. Why do people run a chatroom? Because they want your money! Put your money in education and try to trade on your own. Chatrooms won't make you rich. But that' s just my opinion. I have tried M-T for about 3 months and i lost money!Yes, I was naive and thought that a chatroom could help me to make money. Now i know 99% of all the chatrooms will help you to lose your money.Be smart, try to trade on your own.

3. BELOW IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT THE UNSUSPECTING CUSTOMER THINKS THEY ARE GOING TO GET FOR THEIR $400 PER MONTH SUBSCRIPTION TO YOUR AVERAGE CHATROOM.

THUNDER
    "Go long Cisco $18.05 set stop at 17.70 target $18.90 and trail your stop $0.12 behind the position, note we will place this trade call along with the rest in a trading log" "Trade called because of rising flag pattern identified"

CUSTOMER
    "Thanks I can see the pattern and I will make the trade"

BELOW IS A MORE REALISTIC TRANSCRIP FROM A CHATROOM

THUNDER
    "Think about buying Cisco about now also consider buying vrsn, dell, and aol"

THUNDER
    You should be long aol now, consider taking profits soon blah blah blah"

CUSTOMER
    "I know aol is up but what happened to csco, and vrsn I bought them like you said and they are selling off"

THUNDER
    "You must keep your stops tight on these ones"

CUSTOMER
    "Can I have a refund on my subscription of $400"

I RECOMMEND YOU STICK TO A SITE THAT POSTS EXACT ENTRY, EXIT AND STOP LOSS MANAGEMENT AND THE REASONING BEHIND THE NUMBERS FOR EVERY TRADE CALLED.

ALSO WATCH FOR SITES THAT BOMBARD YOU WITH POSITION AFTER POSITION AS CONCENTRATING ON 1-2 POSITIONS AT A TIME REQUIRES ALL YOUR EFFORT.

I CHALANGE ANYBODY TO POST A SITE BELOW THAT DOES THIS WELL.

NOTE: ROCKTHELURKER DON’T GO POSTING ALFATRADING.COM AGAIN BECAUSE THEY NEVER EVEN TELL YOU THE REASON BEHIND THE TRADE AND THE CHURN OUT 5 POSITIONS A TIME.

ALSO $4.50 LOSS ON ONE OF THERE POSITIONS, I THINK I WOULD HAVE HAD A HEART ATTACK.

SEEYA:D

4. One more thought for you. Here is a quote from David Schehr

David Schehr, a senior research analyst who tracks online trading for Gartner Group financial services, sums up the credentials needed for a successful day trader.

"To make money, you need the combination of a Ph.D. in higher math, the reaction time of a fighter pilot and the emotional stability of a hostage negotiator," Schehr cautions. "And there aren't that many of them."

DO YOU REALY THINK A DAYTRADING CHATROOM IS GOING TO HELP YOU DEVELOPE THESE SKILLS

THINK AGAIN:p

5. Mmm, $400 a month for stuff that even a 5 year old could put together... multiply that by 40 clients... thats a handy $16,000 a month... sounds cool :p

6. yes candle, i knew you would be up for this one:)

7. arky

arky

Just do a search for M-T or Millennium-Traders. Everything you want to know is already here in previous posts. You may also wish to do a search for RealityTrader and UT or Undergroundtrader. Thunder and Lightning refuse to discuss their trade premises and are basically constantly attempting to catch tops and bottoms. I would avoid M-T unless you can tolerate a $1.00 stop loss. I can only tolerate .10 to .20 myself.

Good luck and good trading!

--arky

8. Funster

Funster

This has got to be the best thing about elite trader.

Picking snake oil apart.

You can normally tell snake oil sites by the general tone of their text. If it uses any slang terms ("you sure can" etc) and has simple expletive terminology ("easy!", "anyone can do it!" etc) it's normally oily. If you want a final decider just look at their testimonials page (if there is one). Assuming you believe that they are true, try to gauge the average intelligence of these testimonees by the way they express themselves. The more expletive and excitable they are, the greater the chance of falling into the hissing pit.

I've got an idea now for a piece of this action.

Everyday I am going to look at all the public access chatrooms/BBs. And produce a recommended list. If a stock is being talked up too much I will be recommending it as a short. Vice versa for a long.

lets see I probably need to get a website. www.funsterpicks.com ?
    And I will charge a very reasonable $100 per month.
    :) :p :D

9. Threei

Threei

Can't resist... challenege taken :)

Quote from yesterday's log. (Note: mentioned abbreviation DBI is the name of one of setups we trade, for those familiar with it this mention cites the reason for a trade. Setups are described with chart, methodology of playing and stop placement). I skip all comments by members reporting entries and exits.

06:59:24 member> mcit dbi?
    07:00:01 Threei> 7.85 is trigger
    07:05:21 Threei> MCIT triggered
    07:08:34 Threei> half out MCIT
    07:11:31 Threei> MCIT continues, trail stop on the balance
    07:11:45 Threei> 7.65 now
    07:12:06 Threei> 7.55
    07:12:52 Threei> 7.50
    07:13:59 Threei> 7.40
    07:14:30 Threei> 7.20
    07:14:48 Threei> cover

08:26:10 Threei> JBE Setup: FNSR 9 is trigger, 9.80 is support
    08:44:39 Threei> FNSR, scalpers, get out, holders sell half
    08:45:09 Threei> stop is 8.95 on the balance

etc...

Best regards,

Vad

10. 10K

Thanks guys for your comments really appreciate it. But 12-15 points each guy (two guys ,thunder & lightening) each day got my attention. That's a lot. Imagine how much money that is even if you can get just a 1/3 of those points! Also it's $249 per month, not $400. If they can make me just five points a day would I care what there reasons are for calling it? Why even care about training if they can make you this much? Just use them for picking calls. Learn on your own.

They must have startig calling the futures too, they posted an $845.00 gain yesterday in futures.

Arky were you a member at some time? Did you make money. How was the room run?

Threei, do you have a web page that I can see your record over the last year or even a few months? I am interested in your service.

Thanks guys, you are all great.

Please if anyone else has info. Thanks

#10     Feb 8, 2002