Stock Pick Site:

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Aero5, Mar 17, 2002.

1. TonyOz

TonyOz

Damn, I missed this post.

I am doing my number's research and I think you are right. There is no way a profit of 30K equals 30% on a 1 Mil account. And you can't short 103K worth of stock with 100K account or lose 5900 on one trade yet have it be less than 2% all at the same time :)

On 10/10 he is showing end of trade date for:

500 @ 50.10
    500 @ 83.10
    500 @ 81.00
    500 @ 32.10

Total 123K

On 9/17

1000 @ 57.50
    1000 @ 46.50
    1000 @ 76.25

Total 180.25K

On 2/2 - 160K

On 2/23 - 173K

And the Jackpot that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that these returns are FAKE

on 3/14/01

1000 @ 91.50
    500 @ 109
    1000 @ 71.15

217.15K well over 100K x 2 isn't it :)

Attached is a screen shot before they fix it on their website!

So in short, if shortboy claims that his 30K profit in 2001 equals 30% then he says he traded 100K account.

The above proves that there was more than 100K at risk and even more than twice 100K at risk, therefore, the numbers are bogus.

Moreover the risk factor is very high! All eggs in one basket.

With these last discoveries I have no choice but to downgrade my previous grade from "C' to "F"

Tony

PS: Sam, If shortboy wants to compare ACTUAL trading records, I am game. Have him send me audited trading records for all these years. And if his returns are better than mine or match mine, I will publically apologize to him. you can forward him this message. Let's see what kind of man he is. As you say in your signature, don't kid a kidder :)

#51     Mar 19, 2002
  2. TonyOz

TonyOz

LOL LOL LOL

The question is can they add?

Because it does not look like shortboy can :)

Checkout his track record in more detail, and you will see that he cannot add! As I showed in the post above.

#52     Mar 19, 2002
  3. TonyOz

TonyOz

checkout 3/14

#53     Mar 19, 2002
  4. BackDoc

BackDoc

Cat got your tongue S(p)am? Surely Mr Con(tari) would have a reply to defend his livelyhood. Afterall, even stick people gotta eat.

#54     Mar 19, 2002
  5. BruceF

BruceF

All of this reminds me of the Beardstown Ladies. Remember this story? Their book, interviewers, etc. touted them as having consistently beaten the market for years.

It wasn't until a couple of years, and at least one more book, later that someone sat down and checked their math. Turns out they were making a calculation error and were, in fact, underperforming the market.

#55     Mar 19, 2002
  6. Aero5

Aero5

The points you make concerning Sam are right on the money. I couldn't have said it any better. However, getting a point across to that guy is worse than beating a dead horse. The more his site is mentioned, the more he spams.

As I've mentioned earlier, I'm new to Elite Trader. I didn't realize the can of worms I was going to open by starting this thread. I suppose I should have read through past threads more thoroughly first.

Out of curiosity, have you used the momentumstockplays.com service, and if so, would you mind offering me your opinion. I understand if you refrain and offer my apologies if the question is out of line. I'm not sure if you are familiar with it or not. As I said before, I'm a struggling daytrader trying to find a different angle.

Again, thank you for your intelligent responses and I look forward to following your posts.

Aero5

#56     Mar 19, 2002
  7. GeeTO69

GeeTO69

Aero, I highly doubt Tony "uses" any site that recommends specific trades. However, I have trialed several and I must say momentumstockplays is definitely worth at least a l@@k. They have a free week trial so what have you got to lose. The boss man there does not hype at all and is about as laid back as you can get. I'm using it to get some good setups and ideas I might have otherwise missed.

#57     Mar 19, 2002
  8. TonyOz

TonyOz

The following attachment shows shortboy's claim to trade 100K account and beat the index. The numbers I have posted before show beyond a reasonable doubt that he had an open position greater than 217K. He might have had other open positions at the same time, but I have no way of knowing that.

#58     Mar 19, 2002
  9. TonyOz

TonyOz

The following attachment shows a 1Mil account in 99.

#59     Mar 19, 2002
  10. TonyOz

TonyOz

Yet, it was 500K in 2000 as seen in this file.

Now my question is, why go down to 500K from 1Mil?

Then why go down to 100K from 500K?

MANIPULATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But someone forgot to do their math and see they had 217K in open positions didn't they????

I challenge Shortboy.com to post audited trading records for 2000 and 2001 and match their claimed numbers!

#60     Mar 19, 2002