Stock Pick Site:

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Aero5, Mar 17, 2002.

1. GeeTO69

GeeTO69

KEE-RICE-ST are you too lazy to do the addition yourself??

pull up the charts, take a l@@K for yourself.

you do know how to read a chart don't you?

then come back and tell us what you really think.

#21     Mar 18, 2002
  2. I beg to differ with you about momentumstockplays.com being snake oil. I've tried a lot of other services out there and this one is as far away from being snake oil as one can get. So far anyway.....I've only been a a member for a month. Look at the homepage under "sample." If that's snake oil, let me know.

Alpine

#22     Mar 18, 2002
  3. #23     Mar 18, 2002
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

HANDS DOWN, the best site is the one run by my good friends (oh wait, Im supposed to act like a happy client) at http://www.tomorrowswallstreetjournal.com also they have a good relationship with the best brokerage firm I have found, www.bucketshop.nu. They are located offshore so the Govt can't find all the money you are socking away taking the way kick booty calls of twsj. These sites make Shortboy and Momentumstockpicks and everyone else look like rank amatuers.

Brandon

#24     Mar 18, 2002
  5. I would like to believe all of you that momentum is for real. But why do they not have a simple track record that even a dummy like myself can understand?

Like shortboy's track record:

2000 +26%
    2001 +30%

the S&P:

2000 -10%
    2001 -13%

That's all i'm asking for is simplicity.

www.shortboy.com

Sam

===

never kid a kidder

#25     Mar 18, 2002
  6. GeeTO69

GeeTO69

well, i guess you can't get more simple than shortie.

@@
    <
    W

ps is he ever going to get back in market?

his last winning trade was almost three weeks ago.

no, sorry, actually i'm wrong, his last winning trade was one MONTH ago.

#26     Mar 18, 2002
  7. trdrmac

trdrmac

One thing for sure, as soon as my AMZN gets back to $321 per share Im dumpin it on some dumbass and shorting it right back to $13. Im gonna slam this one..

#27     Mar 18, 2002
  8. Yes, geek069, Shortboy hasn't had a winning trade in a while, and is only up +7.2% YTD with the S&P positive as well. Hmm.

And my continuous efforts to try to get momentumtrades track record have not been responded to. Hmm.

Does anyone know momentumtrades track record? I don't want to hear how great they are, I'll judge for myself after reviewing their performance.

I know Shortboy's performance, and its exemplary.

Sam

#28     Mar 18, 2002
  9. GeeTO69

GeeTO69

sam, you are asking the wrong questions. momentumstockplays provides potential
    setups with specific entries and possible exits with recommendations
    for scaling out of positions to help insure profitable trades. you are asking for
    specific trade outcomes which are in part dependent upon the individual trader's
    trade management. advice on trade management is given thru annotated charts
    and real-time chat commentary,
    but the trader has last word.

did you pulled up their charts, l@@ks like lots of potential wins to consider for the
    astute trader, wouldn't you agree?

#29     Mar 18, 2002
  10. I think you've had a brain fart.

"shortboy up 7.20% for the year"

Like I mentioned in a previous post, I've only been a subscriber to momentumstockplays.com for a month. However, I can vouch for the fact that every stock pick he's posted on his board as a potential setup....and then proceeded to trigger.....is listed on the results page. EVERY ONE.

I'm not sure why I'm wasting my time because I still think your Don Bright or someone like that, but I added the 1 day "high" return for every pick that has triggered in the month of March...from the results page. In summary, 32 have triggered with an average 1 day high return of 7.74%. Even an idiot knows you can't catch every "top," but surely even an idiot would have had a good month thus far.

Does he trade the setups himself? I don't care if he does or not. Do I? Not all but most and I'm happy with what I've clipped so far.

In no way am I trying to discredit the shortboy.com site because I'm not. Actually, I've looked it over and admit I'm impressed. However, momentumstockplays.com is a much better fit for me personally whereas shortboy.com may be a better fit to others.

It's apparent by your comments that you don't implement TA into your daily trading. Since you don't and rely on your gut, you'd be better off staying where you're at.

Alpine

#30     Mar 18, 2002