stock market ready to crack and crash

Discussion in 'Politics' started by new to zoo, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Ditch

Ditch

Stockerup,

I'm not an American, if you want to respect George Bush for the position he occupies, that's your choice, i'd rather judge someone by his deeds and so far George Bush hasn't displayed the slightest understanding of how to deal with religious fanatics. Traditional warfare isn't the solution. I thought, your leaders would have understood that by now.

#41     Mar 22, 2004
  2. I agree with you on Iraq, however, our congress was behind him, and so was most of the people I talked to just before we went to Iraq. It was a miscalculation, but only time wise. Sooner or later we would've had to deal with Saddam. I'm just glad we have done it before he was able to get WOMD.
    In every war there are mistakes and miscalculations, but that does not give anyone the right to discount a president's entire administration.

I have seen several presidents now, but I must say without a question, I have never seen so much hit one president as the things that Bush has had to face. I personally think he has done a fantastic job. Until you can do better or have a better course of action-- which I doubt you do-- I say to you and all others: Don't throw off on our leadership!

#42     Mar 22, 2004
  3. just curious what your solution is

#43     Mar 22, 2004

4. You're right, I do have the choice to respect my President, and I do choose to do that. I am thankful for that freedom. I don't know what country you're from, but I have been to other countries where they don't have the freedom as we do in America. I hope you are not in one of those countries, and I certainly hope you have respect for your government.

As for dealing with these religious fanatics, just how do you propose we do it? Just the very concept of "fanatic" tells you something, or do you not hear yourself talking. When you are dealing with people that will strap a bomb on themselves and commit suicide just to kill other innocent people, I find it hard to do any kind of dealing with them.

As far as judging, you have no right to judge anyone.

#44     Mar 22, 2004
  5. pspr

pspr

On the contrary, Ditch. Warfare is the ONLY solution. These people must be shown they will pay with their lives (especially the leaders) or we will never be done with them. This should have been done in the Clinton administration and we probably wouldn't have such a mess to clean up now.

#45     Mar 22, 2004
  6. Ditch

Ditch

Stockerup,

Why do you think people do these kind of things? Very often because they've got nothing to lose.
    Of course, i don't have the direct solution for dealing with terrorists, but sending an army to occupy a country and creating clompete chaos and therefore providing shelter to every lunatic in the world surely isn't making the world "a safer place". IMHO, all one can do to fight terrorists or extremists in general in the short term is through intelligence and infiltration. In the long run efforts should be directed towards removal of the conditions in which extremism can prosper, thus exporting the model of free enterprise and giving people hope and opportunity to create a better life for themselves.

#46     Mar 22, 2004
    #47     Mar 22, 2004
  8. Ditch

Ditch

These people don't give a shit that they're going to die, cause that will get them in virgin paradise.

#48     Mar 22, 2004
  9. pspr

pspr

Like I said before, they can line up and we'll be more than happy to send them on their way.

#49     Mar 22, 2004
  10. No, the "smooth skinned boys" are for the Catholic "fathers."

gsr

#50     Mar 22, 2004