Stock market music

Discussion in 'Trading' started by easyguru, Mar 12, 2006.

1. newbunch

newbunch

I used to watch CNBC, but what a distraction. When I turned it off, the silence was disturbing. I started listening to modern music, but I started singing along and getting distracted. Now, it's all classical music all the time.

#11     Mar 13, 2006
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Google the lyrics to "Crazy Train". Decide for yourself whether it fits for traders.:eek:

#12     Mar 13, 2006
  3. Surdo

Surdo

The new David Gilmour CD, "On an Island" is good listening.

#13     Mar 13, 2006
  4. bitrend

bitrend

Completely the opposite.

- The music doesn't hurt you. The stock market does hurt you.
    - The music makes you happy. The stock market doesn't make you happy despite you won a lot.
    - The music decreases your stress level. The stock market increases your stress level.

Got it!

#14     Mar 13, 2006
  5. I was a bit hopeful when I first saw this thread title. I was excited even.

I thought somebody out there had actually made what I had wanted to see in a long time......

Stock Marke Audio Technical Analysis.
    (for lack of better word)

Think about it, we use charts. That's only visual.

However our brain doesn't process only visual information, it can also be audio information. Some people in fact are better in audio, they have great 'listening skills'.

This stock music.....ok, I guess this is for artistic and/or experimental arts kinda thing. Ok that's fine.

But what if somebody make a stock music for TA purpose?

That will be great.

For example, rising price, they can use higher and higher note. Then for MA for example, they can use an accompanying note in the background. And so on, and so forth.

So somebody can sit, and see visually, and also listen audio-ly. Muti dimension, not only visual. You can listen to the real 'stock music' as you watch your chart.

I bet one will be more skilled.

It involves more senses.

#15     Mar 13, 2006
  6. I think what they did with the artistic side, is probably going to need a different appreciation than the usual music.

It was horrible.

Plus it needs elaborate explanations just to begin to appreciate the art.

What I mean is, for example,

Like those paintings you see.....some of them can be so ugly when u see it, even from whatever angle and whatever way. But once you read the explanations, maybe it's about something meaningful, and then u see the painting again, and suddenly it makes sense and it turns into a beautiful art.

(But for this stock music, even after reading their explanations, I still can't appreciate their arts).

#16     Mar 13, 2006
  7. We're using a combo of camtasia and projection for group interaction at Tucson IBD MeetUp. It is supported by "books" and drills. The group is actively doing the projected display so all sensory processes are involved.

Kinesthetic in using the using the market where they sit at tables with materials; aurally as they listen to the sound in the space (mostly the person running the tablet) and visually as the stylus is used on the tablet.

Since the camtasia "cans" the audio and visual as a file, it is, in effect, like a DVD always available for reinforcement.

While most on this thread look at sound as a way to deal with an aspect of trading that they feels needs more than what is available without sound, it is possible that there is a diversion aspect of sound rather than a synergism. My view is when this kind of signal (a personal message being given to the person) is present, it is better to deal with the cause rather than to put a diversion in the picture.

On the other hand, it may be possible than for acquisition(knowledge, skills and experience) purposes, a multisensory or having different sensory resourses available can strongly contribute to learning (acquisition).

We have a VIteam that assesses all stuff (full sensory range) to be sure that by going multisensory we do not introduce unexpected pitfalls and or consequenses. Their ar a lot of people out there that are operating far from their potential and are continually under stress from the "I'd rather be right than rich" orientation.

The VI aspect of ET is always there and a warning to everyone.

#17     Mar 13, 2006
  8. Agreed with the puppetheads on CNBC,

I turned them off years ago...

#18     Mar 13, 2006
  9. bee gees
    andy gibbs
    olivia newton john

#19     Mar 13, 2006
  10. You don't know what you're missing. The Brokeback consultants now have an irritating sound effect every time they put up an unreadable chart.

I know for a fact that many have complained, and nothing has been done.

I propose whoever is responsible be prosecuted for being an a**hole and locked up for 20 years.

#20     Mar 13, 2006