Stock market is so flat the last 2 days !

Discussion in 'Trading' started by zanek, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Interesting observation. That period is also after a crash and then one year rally.

#11     Feb 18, 2010
  2. 1) Expiration week?
    2) Get ready for window-dressing next week. You'll get the volatility you so desire. :eek:

#12     Feb 18, 2010
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Quite a day, every hour the dow moves up 10 points.

Why buy now when you can by everything cheaper in the months to come, s$p will be breaking 1000 again.

Think about it, why rush in now after stocks are up hundreds and hundreds of percent, even if the market were to drop 25% stocks would still be well above their march lows. Be patient and buy the next 30%+ dip.

#13     Feb 18, 2010
  4. S2007S

S2007S

Oil 78.87 1.54 1.99

haha

Time to get short oil above $80 area???? Once oil starts to break out the economy will feel even more troubles. You cannot have $100+ oil in this slowing economy, it just doesn't work.

#14     Feb 18, 2010
  5. spinn

spinn

this is 100% obamas fault because this is all govt buying. Individuals and funds stopped buying long ago. There is no way to predict when they will buy but it is only them. When they stop, everyones 401ks will get crushed; again.

#15     Feb 18, 2010
  6. If you are bored then trade GOLD, Fx, Energy Etf's, you'll get dizzy.

#16     Feb 18, 2010
  7. S2007S

S2007S

agree, everyone believes the economy is better and that the markets are going to keep climbing, all I can say even if we have these little 5% pullbacks followed by these 20%-50% rallies when we do get back to 13k, 14k, or even 20k when the next crisis comes were going to see another collapse in the market of 50% or more taking us right back to the levels were at now.

I have no clue who is buying and why they would want to buy, more risk in this market than reward and you will see this unfold shortly when they start taking away all these special programs and stimulus to keep the markets artificially inflated.

#17     Feb 18, 2010
  8. Fade alert! Wake up ET! Yet another top call from S2007S.

Remind us again how your analysis has turned out over the past year?

#18     Feb 18, 2010
  9. Buyers = those who want a return on their money
    Why? = to make a return on their money.

#19     Feb 18, 2010
  10. S2007S

S2007S

Im still about 80% short, not going bullish anytime soon, might go bullish around dow 7500 but until then im sticking on the bearish side.

I hate repeating myself but the ONLY reason the market is UP is because of free monopoly money, programs for $8000 tax credits, free money for cars, unemployment benefits lasting years, programs to keep foreclosures down, ZERO % INTEREST RATES, Fed buying MBS like never before, TARP and TALF and every other XYZ program in between. Please do not go and tell me the reason why the economy is showing signs of improvement is because everything is better nothing is better, everything is being ARTIFICIALLY PUMPED UP, why don't you comprehend this. Do you honestly believe the economy would be where it is today without all that worthless monopoly money floating around, they are creating another asset bubble to keep things going because that's the only way to create artificial demand. The whole economy is upside down at this point, you can believe what you want but the truth is that this crisis is not even close to be over.

#20     Feb 18, 2010