Stock Market Crash in 2007 or 2009

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SouthAmerica, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Do you even know what the scope of the "sub-prime" mess is? By your comment on it, I suspect the only thing you know you have gotten from a newspaper or the TV.

Subprime mortgages in the US are < 3% of the total yearly mortgages. If that entire 3% defaulted, you would still only have a default rate of <7% of the total volume of mortgages in the US.

That is nothing, and would still take every single sub-prime mortgage to default!!!!!

Please, for the love of whatever you find holy, stop with the "sub-prime" song. It's non-news.

#21     Oct 22, 2007
  2. .

October 22, 2007

SouthAmerica: Reply to Krazykarl

What is going to trigger the new global economic depression will be the meltdown of the derivatives market.

#22     Oct 22, 2007
  3. Unlikely. If anything, the strengthening USD may cause the "global economic meltdown".

This has all been carefully planned.

#23     Oct 22, 2007
  4. where did you guys buy your crystal balls? I want one too!

#24     Oct 22, 2007
  5. .
    January 22, 2008

SouthAmerica: Talking about Panic and financial markets meltdown – the current market meltdown it was supposed to happen in October – you guys are 3 months behind schedule. Wall Street is supposed to have its market crashes in October. You guys on Wall Street can’t keep even your schedule on target anymore.

The Panic button has been pushed around the world in the financial markets.

It is time for major damage control.

Ben Bernanke probably it will inject more liquidity into the US financial markets – maybe another US$ 500 billion dollars or even more….Who knows…

He can also cut the fed funds rate at least another half point.

Welcome to La La Land and more government intervention – and the usual Blah, Blah, Blah about the virtues of a superior free markets system.

#25     Jan 22, 2008
  6. Too bad you got it completely wrong. It's 2008.

#26     Jan 22, 2008
  7. .

January 22, 2008

SouthAmerica: Reply to Makloda

It is not my fault that today Wall Street can’t keep up even one of its major traditions - October market crashes.

#27     Jan 22, 2008
  8. We're innovating. Trying to make a new tradition :D

Enjoy black tuesday.

#28     Jan 22, 2008
  9. .

SouthAmerica: Reply to Eusdaiki

As I mentioned before: "The Wall Street Crash of 1929, also known as the Crash of 1929, was one of the most devastating stock market crashes in American history. It consists of Black Thursday (October 24, 1929), the initial crash and Black Tuesday (October 29, 1929), the crash that caused general panic five days later. The crash marked the beginning of widespread and long-lasting consequences for the United States."

As you can see they already had Black Tuesday in October 29, 1929.

The fed cut the fed funds rate by 3/4 of a point, and they are saying that the fed might cut the fed funds rate another half point one week from now.

Talking about a TOTAL market PANIC!!!!!!

I was watching Treasury Secretary Paulson give his emergency market spin - he looked bad as he was giving his speech - he looked like someone who was ready to explode - He looked like he was in Panic mode himself.

Anyway, it will be an interesting day, and be prepared for all kinds of damage control.

The shit is about ready to hit the fan in New York....

#29     Jan 22, 2008
  10. Before 1987 Black monday refeered to october 28 1929, so it wouldn't be the first time we get 2 different events with the same name...

#30     Jan 22, 2008