Stock direction from open.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bartold, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Bartold

Bartold

Hi evebody! How can one determine where a stock is going to move from the opening? I mean, if I open position by opg print (opening price), are there any clues that can help me to determine the direction from the opening price?

2. [​IMG]

3. I've been wondering the same thing. Also, if anyone can tell me how to make an automatic mechanical trading system that will effortlessly extract millions from the market, I'd appreciate it.

4. TILT2

TILT2

There is no and will never be such thing. Because if it really existed, as the time goes, you would be even richer than Bill Gates once was.

5. TILT2

TILT2

In the reality, sometimes it has a higher open and goes higher. Sometimes it has a higher open and goes low. Personally I think, the answer is you can't determine the movement of the day by opening.

6. Oh really? Damn! I was hoping someone would give that to me or show me how it works. In fact it was the main reason I was posting here. Oh well, I guess there is no hope left. Oh cruel world.

7. R-O-N-G. There is such a thing and for the low price of $99 a month I will show you how to make billions. I'm temporarily expanding my subscriber list to a select few individuals. You can be one of them.

-Trading service marketer who prefers to teach not do

8. Form your best guess based on intuition. Then do the opposite.

9. TILT2

TILT2

You knew the answer is no before you posted here. Your reply is funny though!

10. ==========
    a]Yes, candle-Bar-trend;
    but its probabilities, not predictions.:cool:

b]But forget about 1 year /data , on SPY right now, its to much sideways slop-trend, my friend .

c]Citigroup[c] is a fair downtrend, but 1 year candlechart/barchart SLV, silver, BAC is a better, by most measures ,downtrend.

And speaking of probabilities, its much better probabilities,
    to figure BAC, silver,SLV will probably make ;
    lower daily opens,
    lower daily closes,
    lower daily highs,
    lower daily lows,
    lower weekly opens,
    lower weekly closes
    lower weekly lows,
    lower weekly highs.
    2001 Stock Traders Almanac , & ''books'' may help you.

Welcome to the forum;
    gold, GLD , is mostly uptrending on 1 year candle/barcharts.Wisdom is profitable to direct.

:cool:

#10     Dec 28, 2011