Stochastics

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by insaneinvestor, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Does Roger still use 1-min charts like TI used to? I have heard
    that TI now uses 144 and 233-tick charts.

#31     Sep 12, 2007
  2. Roger shows 1 minute and 89pc charts a lot (he always has a 3 minute chart up too for signals on a higher timeframe to see when they coincide with the 89pc or the 1 min). Myself and a few others also use various tick or range bar charts to set up timeframes to our liking...I use some range bar charts with the DAX that I really like.

#32     Sep 12, 2007
  3. Excuse my ignorance but what is a "pc" chart?

#33     Sep 12, 2007
  4. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Yes , I knew George. We were speakers together at Futures Conferences for about 5 years before he stopped doing them. I think that most of the people who never spent time with him don't understand he was a great person and technical analyst.
    George taught Tubb's and Elliott back in the 60's, before Elliott even became reinvented. His professional life was not just about making stochastic popular. He was a true student of the market.
    In terms of him as a man , He always encouraged young people in this industry when he saw talent. I will never forget , when I taught my intermarket analysis seminar, which was a eight hour course at Futures conferences. He spent the full day in the back of the room with the other students and just before our lunch break when I was leaving the room ,he said to me "kid" ,your good and you will be in the business a long time. That meant alot to me since I was just starting out. This started a friendship and I was happy to call him a friend.

In terms of stochastics , most people do not use them correctly. I will try to share some of my insights on that in Future Posts.

#34     Sep 12, 2007
  5. V77 - That is "price change" or tick chart...in Esignal you type in 89pc and it comes up just like a tick chart.

#35     Sep 12, 2007
  6. Thanks a lot for the answer secrettrader. I thought there was
    a new charting type I didn't know of.

And I will be danged if I could let that happen...:p

#36     Sep 12, 2007
  7. Well actually it is different than a tick chart (yes it is a slightly different style)...it is showing 89 price changes which is like a tick chart but slightly different (try it with two charts together, one tick and one pc and you will see the difference). Hope this helps.

#37     Sep 12, 2007
  8. Gyles

Gyles

Wow, that was really some information regarding “George”, so he did really influence the markets. It seems from your description that he was an intelligent yet humble and helpful to learners, which are signs of “Greatness” and differentiates a person from the rest.

So, bsparkyman, what do you say now?

Please do that, as soon as possible, so that we all can benefit. Thanks!

Moreover, while researching the net for George, had chance upon this LANE'S STOCHASTICS by George C. Lane, M.D. .

Its cost is $3.95.

Well, is this article worth buying? Has anyone read any articles of George?

#38     Sep 12, 2007
  9. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

This is his classic article with several little discussed concepts. It worth buying since it's the orginal source of almost all the stochastic information out there.

#39     Nov 16, 2007