Stochastics

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by insaneinvestor, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Stochastics are very useful for anticipating breakouts from low volume dry up and keeping track of market sentiment.

#21     Sep 6, 2007
  2. My stoch is the set-up indicator and the macd confirms which candlestick I enter at (I enter in the last 5 ticks of a candlestick). If the two indicators are not in alignment there is no trade. I also use some advanced set-ups which are real good for trend following and counter trend trades.

Here is an example of the type of indicator set up I use...... http://www.feltontrading.com/screenshots/index.asp

#22     Sep 10, 2007

3. All it is just the traders international method. Save yourself the thousands of dollars and just look around the internet for divergence set-ups. All companies like this do is prey on newbie and failed traders. It is not worth the thousands upon thousands of dollars.

#23     Sep 10, 2007
  4. Gyles

Gyles

It seems that you are putting down a person named “George Lane” here. It made me curious enough to search the net and he seems to be really “somebody”, as quoted from the Wikipedia:

“George Lane,( 1939 - July 7, 2004) was a name well known in the technical analysis community The stochastic oscillator, which he made popular but not invented, is one of the most popular indicators in use today.”

However, I agree everyone is entitled to their respective views, but would like to know more of him. Has anybody by chance ever met him or even read any of his original works? Can anyone explain as to how he applied “Stochastics”?

#24     Sep 10, 2007
  5. Actually that is incorrect........I think the TI method is very weak at best. The method I use and the settings are completely different....plus in a few weeks all the signals set-ups that I have each day will appear "automated" realtime.....very different.

#25     Sep 11, 2007
  6. lastcall

lastcall

That's because he cant "turn" a profit :p

#26     Sep 11, 2007
  7. Is it not just a %D and a MACD. Using divergence?? I've seen the TI method as well as the felton method, and they are very similar. Throw in the fact that roger used to be a teacher at TI and it is pretty safe to say that its basically the same. I highly doubt that he came up with a whole new method that looks just like TI.

#27     Sep 11, 2007
  8. Yes it is different, and Roger's method is very precise for entries and exits which is key to success imo. He uses several trade entry set-ups which are very different from what he was doing in the past.....and these will all be apart of the signals on charts automation.

TI could not hold a candle to what Roger is doing imo.

#28     Sep 11, 2007
  9. Does Roger still trade on a simulator only, just like his buddy Franz?

Must be a TI thing.

:D

#29     Sep 11, 2007
  10. Actually TI liked Roger so much, they sued him when he left (and he won the court case as it was determined he was not using the TI method). Roger is a great guy and I like what he is doing these days...great method imo...simple and precise. Btw, Roger trades with real money...everybody already knows that.

#30     Sep 11, 2007