Stimulus package agreement reached

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by MrDODGE, Jan 24, 2008.

1. As i heard, it wasnt accepted by the Liberal Group..
    USD is all the way Bearish.

Liberal groups wasted little time criticizing President Bush over the economic stimulus agreement reached today. "Too bad the president blocked inclusion in this stimulus package of proven strategies to get money into the hands of low- and lower middle-income Americans who are best positioned to spend the money needed to help our economy regain its footing," the Center for American Progress said in a statement. ((RXW)
    (END) Dow Jones Newswires

January 24, 2008 14:04 ET (19:04 GMT)

#31     Jan 24, 2008
  2. pbj

pbj

It's actually $600 per individual and $1200 for couples, and up to $2400 for couples with kids.

#32     Jan 24, 2008
  3. Where'd you get that that info?

I keep hearing all kinds of different things.

it's almost like knowing you're getting executed but trying to determine what kind of bullet you're going to get shot by.

#33     Jan 24, 2008
  4. So this must be a CYA.

lj

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Immediate Release
    January 24, 2008

STATEMENT OF OFHEO DIRECTOR JAMES B. LOCKHART ON CONFORMING LOAN LIMIT INCREASE

We are very disappointed in the proposal to increase the conforming loan limit as we believe it is a mistake to do so in the absence of comprehensive GSE regulatory reform. To restore confidence in the markets we must ensure that the GSEs’ regulator has all the necessary safety and soundness tools.

Yesterday Chairman Dodd talked about moving a GSE reform bill early this year. We are ready to work with him and the Senate Banking Committee. We will also be working with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to ensure that any increase in the conforming loan limit moves through their rigorous new product approval process quickly and has appropriate risk management policies and capital in place.

###

#34     Jan 24, 2008
  5. qxr1011

qxr1011

No, imho to say that this is just politicians, is wrong, The country's politicians are the reflection of its people. So the problem is much deeper than with politicians, problem is with people. Politicians are just consequence of the problem

#35     Jan 24, 2008
  6. What philosophy is that. Do nothing and watch rot? It's in the American spirit to fight to the death. Sorry we don't live in North Korea.

#36     Jan 24, 2008
  7. #37     Jan 24, 2008
  8. qxr1011

qxr1011

It's philosophy of personal responsibility.

#38     Jan 24, 2008
  9. Sounds more like playing the blame game. Nobody is perfect in the markets.

#39     Jan 24, 2008
  10. lots of opinions on here, so I'll add mine:

I'm pissed off too.

On some level I understand the boosting consumption is a good way to help the economy.

However, I pay more taxes than most, and I would love to have a grand or two to blow on miscellaneous nonsense, but guess what? I don't get shit! I get the f***ing bill for all these other beatoffs so they can blow money. I am the one hurt by the market tanking, because my investmenst took a beating. I am the one who has suffered more than some asshole with a mcjob. They don't have a carefully horded nest egg that got a beat-down because of STUPID policy (fiscal, monetary, foreign, etc.).

And now, the people that spent the dollar into oblivion on some manufactured horeshit in Iraq (which, incidentally is one of the prime reasons that our economy sucks) are going to "fix" it by spending even more money (on my dime) conveniently during the election year. How about saying "let's stop sprending trillion of dollars on bullshit in the middle east?" watch the markets bounce. Watch the dollar rebound. Watch oil drop.

And to all the folks with "rebate" checks: you're welcome.

#40     Jan 24, 2008