Stimulus Needed for ‘Frustratingly Slow’ Recovery: Bernanke

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Jun 7, 2011.

1. it is the red states who eat the most taxes, they tax the least but get the most subsidies. About 2 times more on average.

so ur wrong to blame democrat. you forget republicans havent changed ways, while democrats is tax lots spend alot, republicans are tax less spend alot.. both pathways are unsustainable.

don't believe me? just look at the theater surrounding the debt ceiling. public fast forget republicans heightened debt ceiling 8 times during Bush!!!! and now suddenyl they change their mind and say weve always been against debt, when history shows otherwise.

#11     Jun 7, 2011
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Ha Bubble ben is NOT in the camp of economists worried about a double-dip recession, well what else is new, do you honestly think he would come out and start talking about a double dip recession. Bubble ben bernanke has been wrong every single time, he didnt even comprehend what was going on in the housing industry as that bubble ballooned to historical heights, he kept ignoring it and pushing it aside, he also said there would be no recession and recently he keeps talking about a recovery, hahaha thats all a fucking joke, there is no recovery, I want to acknowledge a recovery WITHOUT stimulus, without QE1 QE2 QE3, without bailouts and trillions of worthless dollars being thrown at the economy, I want to see the free markets at work and witness organic growth. What he is doing is only making things worse and I have been repeating myself for the last few years as bubble ben bernanke has been completely wrong about fixing the greatest credit crisis in history!

#12     Jun 7, 2011
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Right, that's what I do not comprehend, why they stimulate the economy every single time there is a recession, seems they dont let the economy work its own way out of the recession. The reason for the credit crisis were in now is because of the times they stimulated the economy every single time there was a minor slow down, so what if GDP starts to come down, you cant push growth on an economy by spending and stimulating it, that's not the answer. GDP growth for the last 2 years has been completely artificial, everyone will disagree even Bubble ben bernanke but the truth is that with out QE1 etc etc GDP wouldn't be anything above 0%.

Bubble ben bernanke only knows how to grow an economy through the creation of asset bubbles and that's what is happening at this very second. Seems QE3 will be on its way soon, that should just create even more inflation, higher equity prices and a collapsing dollar!

#13     Jun 7, 2011
  4. S2007S

S2007S

He also issued a stern warning to lawmakers in Washington who are considering aggressive budget cuts, saying they have the potential to derail the economic recovery if cuts in government spending take hold too soon.

So Bubble ben bernanke seems to be against cuts in spending, but totally for continuing to throw trillions at the economy to save it, this guy hasn't a clue what is going on. If no cuts are done soon and the continuation of a rise in debt ceiling continues this economy is going to be far worse in the next few years than it was during the collapse of the economy back in 2008! Bubble ben bernanke has not a clue how to fix this economy. Dont listen to anyone who cheers him on thinking he has done great things, he hasnt and it is showing and will continue to show in the next decade to come!

#14     Jun 7, 2011
  5. Little does Ben know, a stronger dollar would actually help alot of the problems this country has.

I hope he burns in hell :)

#15     Jun 7, 2011
  6. If Bernanke was your employee would he still be on your payroll or in the unemployment line?

#16     Jun 7, 2011
  7. easy money is responsible for plenty of jobs being created. in china.

#17     Jun 7, 2011
  8. Until we find a replacement for $10 crude, nothing is going to work.

In times of crisis, correlations go to 1. Peak oil equals peak democracy equals peak debt equals peak middle class equals peak Fed relevancy equals peak etc etc etc.

#18     Jun 8, 2011
  9. best idea ever.
    If I may add, no corporate tax for 2 years.

We'd go right back to spending 2007 high times but with the knowledge of what happened, plus we'd reduce the government.

I'd petition for it!

#19     Jun 8, 2011
  10. AK100

AK100

Wait. All he's done is put off the inevitable which IS depression, riots, social unrest and everything else nasty that's coming.

So when the history books are written about him and the politicians they'll use words and phrases such as -

naive
    gullible
    out of their depth
    totally incompetent
    out of touch
    bought and paid for

And so on. Basically history is not going to be kind to this lot, not kind at all.

#20     Jun 8, 2011