Stimulus Cost More Than Iraq War

Discussion in 'Economics' started by pspr, Aug 23, 2010.

1. The fraud thing gets me going and here's why. Everyone from Blankfein at GS, every politician, and I am damn sure alot of Welfare recipients cheat. Everyone cheats and lie to some degree. Its the human condition. Communist cheat, Capitalists cheat, because in the end human cheat and lie.

Does that make it right? No. But it will continue until man is extinct. And yes a lot of humans do a lot of good too.

BTW if you research Medicare fraud some of them were recently busted nationwide.

#11     Aug 23, 2010
  2. MKTrader

MKTrader

The fewer handouts and bailouts there are, the fewer the opportunities for fraud. It's as simple as that. Cut the $$ the gov't (i.e., taxpayers) hand out to banks, auto companies, individuals, etc., and there will be less fraud.

#12     Aug 23, 2010
  3. Agreed, and that's probably why I am willing to try Libertarian.

#13     Aug 23, 2010
  4. pspr

pspr

So, what are we going to do about all the spending, political paybacks and allowed fraud?

There is only one thing WE can do. Vote every one of those SOB politicians out of office and put in new people. If the new people don't try to fix things then we vote them out next time and put in more new people. We keep doing that until things start to work better.

And, if that doesn't work we disband this government and form a new one.

#14     Aug 23, 2010
  5. I can guarantee you that nearly every democrat in America thinks the red is the Iraq war spending.

#15     Aug 23, 2010
  6. Bob111

Bob111

that's why they(gvt) should fucking pray and support us all the way..us..the guys who trade their own savings from home,not asking for anything, creating nothing but the taxes and support so many business that are related to trading..our business is simple,they have all the data, it's clear and transparent... there is pretty much no way to cheat and expenses are close to zero...DAY TRADERS! DAY TRADERS! fuck transaction tax! fuck PDT..allow everyone to DAY trade! back to year 2000! $500 minumum to daytrade! fuck wash sale rule too!

#17     Aug 23, 2010
  7. piezoe

piezoe

Actually it seems you may be mistaken. I read that article and it seems they only included the immediate costs of the war and just added then up for years 2003 through 2010. The 3 to 4 trillion figure is the best estimate for the total cost which includes interest, veterans benefits, and all the other associated costs. I have to say that I was suspicious when I read the word "lefties" in the article. That denotes to me that the journalism is likely not as unbiased as it should be. If I were you, I would not put much stock in that article.

I noted that the effect on the deficit of the war in 2007 was huge! The current deficits are, of course, more related to the financial collapse than to the war. The best way to get a handle on what the war is costing you is to divide 3 trillion by the population of the US and then recognize that the entire cost will be paid mostly by only a fraction of the population. Although everyone, even the poor, will pay the resulting inflation "tax".

This is the cost so far, but by no means the total cost. http://costofwar.com/

#18     Aug 23, 2010
  8. "If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"

#19     Aug 23, 2010
  9. Bob111

Bob111

#20     Aug 29, 2010