Still waiting for the Cabal guys to deliver...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by alfonso, May 12, 2003.

1. How long has it been, 7, 8 weeks since the world was 'saved' {cough, cough} from the immiment threat of those Iraqi WMDs ? You know, the ones that Bush and Co ("Co"? hmm..) simply had to 'save' America from, like, right now, or else.

Well, just in case anyone (in America) still cares (big if, what with a roaring 'new bull' {bigger cough} why let small matters like possible wholesale international impropriety spoil the party) there's still nothing showing up.

You really have to begin to wonder don't you? Just how much of a threat these weapons -- if indeed they exist -- actually were?

Obviously the number one sign that things maybe amiss was that if there's any time you could justify using such an arseanal (again, IF you actually had one) wouldn't it be when a foreign agressor is pounding, er shocking and awing, your cities to dust? Of course, nothing of the sort happened.

Then, the inquiring mind has to ask: Just how sure was the Bush admin that Iraq had any WMDs at all? Afterall, going on 8 weeks now with nary a suspicious popgun turning up, wouldn't it be only sane to begin to suspect that this war was fought -- and this is the positive spin -- on pure conjecture? That Iraq might, just might, have something to hide? (And, afterall, Saddam is such a nasty SOB, we'll be able to sell this one to Joey Six no sweat.)

Well, I just came across some investigative reporting by Seymour Hersh at the NewYorker (yeah, yeah. bastion of liberalism blah blach) which simply adds fuel to my contention that Miss America ain't as innocent as the faithful like to believe.

In "Selective Intelligence", Hersh 'exposes' (<-- hey, it's journalism; keep the table salt handy) the Office of Special Plans' (I'd never heard of it either) sham intelligence that threw Americans into the post 9.11 'guilt by suspicion' panic. Recommended reading.

2. man, I certainly hope you are some sad alias and not a real person. Perhaps you are the same person as MSFE. Or, if a real person, I hope you are too young to vote.

3. don't count on it. look at Afghanistan, where interest died out even before the dramatic foxnews promo music ended. in Iraq all the 'cool stuff,' bombs and night-vision goggles, etc. is done - nobody cares about watching kids wasting away in bombed-out hospitals or the misery of slogging through the effects of nonfunctioning sewer systems and electrical facilities. luckily, the oil ministry is fine.

even 'America's sweetheart' pvt. Lynch isn't cooperating, what with her 'amnesia' and all, lol, one less made-for-tv movie, perhaps. if Iraq is cleaned up by the election season, maybe there will be some 'after' shots sprinkled in the campaign ads, and expect to see the statue-falling and carrier-landing clip a few times.

4. i'm waiting, too...

and if there is a stash of nasty WMD, why isn't HAL afraid of a leak???

and how much is HAL paying those iraqis to pump that oil??? ten cents an hour??? :D

5. Time to stop waiting and join in the system instead of picking your nose and looking for the Democrats to save you from the awfull republicans. The Democrats need conspiracy theories because they don't have any ideas, they are ideologically screwed, and there is nothing left but cheap shots and back seat driving.

6. From the article I linked to:
    "According to the Pentagon adviser, [the Office of]Special Plans was created in order to find evidence of what Wolfowitz and his boss, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, believed to be true—that Saddam Hussein had close ties to Al Qaeda, and that Iraq had an enormous arsenal of chemical, biological, and possibly even nuclear weapons that threatened the region and, potentially, the United States."

I guess they "succeeded":

"A February poll showed that seventy-two per cent of Americans believed it was likely that Saddam Hussein was personally involved in the September 11th attacks, although no definitive evidence of such a connection has been presented."

7. A "sad" alias? You mean like "dotslashfuture"?

Are YOU are a real person? Who can be sure... what, with your time honored practise of ignoring (or poisoning) any and all evidence that conflicts with your ideological (and hence moral) bias? Talk about "sad", it would take one hell of a "sad" human being to keep doing that...

8. Interesting Abe Lincoln quote there... Is that how you feel about race relations? Wouldn't even surprise me if you did. The far left and the far right are often known to converge...

9. No, it's not how I feel.

I'm pretty sure that most of you weren't aware that the "Great Emancipator" ever said something like that, so I thought I'd put it up for a bit of fun.

#10     May 12, 2003