Still Not Sure How I Will Vote

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oldtime, Oct 23, 2012.

1. inability to use a simple calculator and figure out what "average" is

somehow, everybody that posts thinks they are above "average"

yet, no trader could consistently make money with that kind of unsound reasoning

it's just a simple matter of math man. They taught it to me in the 7th grade.

But then again, that was before Orwell invented the "Department of Education."

#71     Oct 24, 2012
  2. gtor514

gtor514

Something doesn't quite add up with me about you. If you are considering voting then you must be a US citizen, correct? I take it you must be a trader who dabbles to some measure in the currency market as described in this post in the...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=251682

Now if you are indeed a trader and a US citizen than you must no doubt have been effected by the Dodd Frank laws, ie FIFO rules, hedging limitations, no more spot trading of gold, etc. unless your some big shot with a $25 million account which I doubt. Most laws where implemented in the last 18 months so they should be fresh in your mind, right?

Those rules are the product of a faggot liberal and that crook Dodd who got preferential mortgage rates for votes, and signed by our boon president. So the question as for whom to vote should be clear if you are the trader you claim.
    :confused:

#72     Oct 24, 2012
  3. I think I've missed some of the conversation, I just thought the wording you used was funny. I used to be good at math, before I had one on my phone that was with me all the time, now I can't add shit in my head. And I used to be able to remember 20+ phone numbers in my head now all I can remember is my grandmothers number from 40 years ago. So you may be right in critizing my math abilities.

#73     Oct 24, 2012
  4. no, I just started trading forex a little over a year ago. It's still and always has been for me 40 to 1 at ib. I know of no law that has changed my approach to the market other than qe3. And yes, I trade much much less that 25m.

Laws and politicians don't affect me much. I've been at this a long time. But I must it admit it was easy when Reagan announced to the world, "The dollar must go down."

Those were very good days for long Swiss Franc futures.

#74     Oct 24, 2012
  5. it aint that funny. I call my mother everyday just to make sure she is still alive, and if I ever dropped my cell phone in the toilet I couldn't remember her number to save my soul. It's all in the phone.

#75     Oct 24, 2012
  6. #76     Oct 28, 2012
  7. Health care controlled by a rigged game between goverment and inurance companies plus big pharma is slow death.

#77     Oct 28, 2012
  8. That's why they don't want us to

LEAGALIZE IT

and eat right

and live right

because they would lose a lot of customers

the whole thing is based on people being constantly sick and in need

the worse thing right now is for everybody to become healthy, it could kill a whole industry, and they pay a lot of bribes

now I personally am not sick, and very few people I know are, as a matter of fact, most of them are in better health than I am

but we have a "Heath Care Crisis" in this country

and how do I know that?

because I saw it on tv

#78     Oct 28, 2012
  9. Well there's your problem ,get rid of the TV: Problem solved.

#79     Oct 28, 2012
  10. it's not that funny. I raised three kids with no tv.

When my wife divorced me the first thing I did was get a tv. It became my greatest friend.

Then I got a girlfriend and never watched tv again for five years.

The funny thing is, I was long the S&P and never even knew the market crashed.

Now I really like it, and if I am awake it is on.

I can honestly say, I would have been a better person if I just watched tv. Especially Sienfeld.

But my kids were all honor students for no other reason than they didn't have a tv.

#80     Oct 28, 2012