Still Not Sure How I Will Vote

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oldtime, Oct 23, 2012.

1. 1) The fact that the above from tudor is complaining about people selling us their labor and goods too "CHEAPLY" IS A FUCKING JOKE.

2) Tariffs? Okay lets suppose china govt subsidizes a certain industry.
    If we place high tariff prices on those import goods all the govt has done is place the burden on US consumers to bear that cost.

Govt protecting an industry is the surest way to getting a crappy product, political kickbacks,and graft,: innovation will be replaced by evermore govt cost to the taxpayer and consumer.

I say it's better to beat them on an Uneven playing field than have politicians running our economy through managed tariffs.

A managed economy does not work and pretending it will through the sleight of hand of managing tariffs won't either.

#31     Oct 23, 2012
  2. man, you guys are crazy

#32     Oct 23, 2012
  3. #33     Oct 23, 2012
  4. jem

jem

I think you are confusing the effect of quota with a tariff.
    Quotas suck and allow the foreign manufacturer charge more and make more profit.

If a country is manipulating the currency why would we not put a tariff on their goods.

I do not get the argument against?

#34     Oct 23, 2012
  5. Anyone who would vote for this guy is clearly insane;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jrrnkKmUzo

#35     Oct 23, 2012
  6. All tariffs do is penalize the consumer for the benefit of the protected industry.
    currency manipulation... You're kidding right?
    Once again all that complaint boils down to is "waa they're selling us their stuff too cheap!"

Then they turn around and buy our bonds.
    You think we're getting screwed by this?:D :D

#36     Oct 23, 2012
  7. #37     Oct 23, 2012
  8. during election year it is quite interesting

we have one network msnbc which is entirely devoted to propaganda for the democrat party and has lost all sense of reason

and another, fox, which is devoted to propaganda for the republican party

they use to give the Libertarians an hour each night, but they took that off because he kept saying bad things about Romney

So when making up your mind, you really have to decide who has the stupidist propaganda.

It's kind of a backass way of arriving at a conclusion, but if you are a trader, you are use to coming in the back door.

#38     Oct 23, 2012
  9. If you have any family members that plan on living to an old age or if you plan to live to an old age vote against the party that proposes vouchers for medicare.

This issue alone should win the election for Obama. Will it? We will find out soon.

#39     Oct 24, 2012
  10. I'm going to vote for the party that will end medicare once and for all

it was a bad idea to begin with that has only gotten worse

#40     Oct 24, 2012