Still not a bear market

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock_trad3r, Mar 10, 2008.

1. This is not a bear market, it's a bull market. you just gotta look at the chart upside down :D

#21     Mar 10, 2008
  2. eagle

eagle

The Bear Market is officially declared when most investors almost lost all of their assets, too late. So when it already started we never exactly know and when it's officially declared we are near the bottom.

#22     Mar 10, 2008
  3. Um not really. Wasn't the case in 2001, 1929, or 1973. The markets went much lower even after a bear market was declared.

But I'm not worried. S&P still has another 30 points b4 the critical 1252 level and the fed meeting is later this week which will be guaranteed more big rate cuts.

A very negative barons article about google came out this weekend and the stock is only down 5 bucks. There are still buyers who are seeking value. Markets will go much higher soon.

#23     Mar 10, 2008
  4. Of course you're not worried. You try to bend facts and twist logic in your favor so you can explain how everything is perfectly fine all the while you're sitting in a 50% drawdown in your account. Classical case of denial.

#24     Mar 10, 2008
  5. My account itsn't down that much. I have losses on some positions, but solid gains on others.

Also the year isn't over by a long shot. Those rate cuts and bush stimulis packages will start kicking in.

It is only March.

The markets look like they are gonna rebound today. Very weak selling volume and no one wants to be short b4 the fed anyway.

#25     Mar 10, 2008
  6. S2007S

S2007S

hard to believe that one, you were the one buying everything, you were the one who thought there was no such thing as a bear market or recession, fast foward 6 months and look at where the markets are....

how is google doing, I told YOU the stock was going below $500, you just didnt believe me:

S2007S

11-14-07 02:28 PM

Quote from stock_trad3r:

buy goog nooowww

Ill wait for something under 625, no need to jump in at 655+

not only that but its probably headed for something under $500 in 1st half of 2008. There will be better bargains ahead for GOOG, its not running to 1000 anytime soon.

#26     Mar 10, 2008
  7. eagle

eagle

Right. The best indicator to spot the Bear Market offered by Jesse Livermore is to look the leader (in our time is GOOG). If the leader start to slow down or retrace, then how could we can expect the non-leaders could go up. The answer is no. So he was undisputed right. If the Ferrari can't espace from the police car how could a Corolla can do?

#27     Mar 10, 2008
  8. PaulRon

PaulRon

I'm just a lurker, but had to jump in on this thread. Stock trad3r, dude, you're going to be in a world of hurt if you keep thinking this way. The US economy is collapsing before your eyes and you think it's still going to go up. WAKE UP!

#28     Mar 10, 2008
  9. GTS

GTS

Really? Tell me more about this fed meeting this week....

#29     Mar 10, 2008
  10. The leaders right now are commodities and industrials. It has been that way since 2002, and those leaders are still holding up pretty well.

Tech has been pretty mixed though. Goog fell 33% from its Jan 2006 high from 475 to 333 but the market didn't tank so it isn't a very good indicator.

#30     Mar 10, 2008