Still holding my long USDJPY

Discussion in 'Forex' started by trader4pips, Apr 9, 2007.

1. This is approaching the longest position I have ever held, as it has been a week and a half. I have been long on the USDJPY since Friday, March the 30th.

I am up 160 pips, so no complaints, I am thinking of checking out this longer term trading more in the future. :)

By the way, I would just like to say, progressive.progressivefx.com (my affiliate link) is now offering an autotrading bot with their software free. I can't wait to try it, but you do have to use meta trader, which means I will have to open an account with a new broker.

2. on what size? :D

3. Just a mini, I am still building up my courage. :)

4. Just for your info, BOJ tonight. I am out already. Good luck holding on to it with the volatility.

5. I know, I have my trailing SL set to -50 pips so at this point the worst I could do is +120 pips on the trade.

I am still waiting for a signal from the software before I exit(with out hitting a stop).

6. Entered a long position on the GBPUSD last night about 5pm est. Up a few pips, we will see where this one goes.

Still in my USDJPY trade, slipped a few pips since my last update.

7. I see a head&shoulder formation in the daily chart, run for the hills if it breaks 115.00.

Why would you trade USDJPY for the carry? you can get the same carry with USDCHF, and not have to deal with the Japanese manipulation.

8. To be completely honest, I am just trading the signals that are coming to me. I am only using my background knowledge when I get really spooked on something.

So far this has been working, but as many say, it is only a matter of time. We will see though. :cool:

9. Might be getting ready to roll over ... use caution.

10. Currently I am up 175 pips on my long USDJPY position, and up 72 pips on my long Cable position.

:D

I think I will be exiting soon, whether I get a signal or not. My trailing stops are in place, so I am going to take a nice profit no matter what.

#10     Apr 11, 2007