Still Having Trouble Letting Winners RUn

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Flashboy, Jul 2, 2008.

1. NoDoji

NoDoji

Jim, I'm not yet at risk to blow 95% of my principal because I haven't used more than 15% of my DT margin yet :cool:

#31     Jul 25, 2008
  2. Probably good advice to wait for enough data to backtest.

#32     Jul 25, 2008
  3. I got the same problem. That damn P/L! I just accepted it and trade with that handicap, if you want to call it that. There are times when I take them and regret it and times when I don't regret it. It all comes out in the wash. If you can't let profits run then take them relentlessly and accept that as your style of trading. If you do the same thing over and over again you can never be wrong. Just take profits like a fool and move onto the next trade.

Congrats on getting the rest of your game in order!!

#33     Jul 25, 2008
  4. I believe you.
    It took me 15 months to reach a satisfactory strategy. And the last day of the 15 months is in this week. For so many times during the past 15 months, I thought I got it, only to find out later I needed to change it. Used a lot of ink and paper.

#34     Jul 25, 2008
  5. central park

central park Guest

It's called "wealth wounds". Its the same reason most can makes millions in demo accounts, and blow up with real money.

most traders have a serious conflict with money, they are wounded therefore self destruct.

the worst part is, none of you will admit it. trading atracts the very people who are the worst suited for it. its the nature of the market.

tally ho,

CP

http://www.pradeepaggarwal.com/part4_c.html

#35     Jul 25, 2008