Still going up....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Daxspreader, Jan 7, 2010.

1. NoDoji...

lol ! ....very funny. I too have been stratching my head over a lot of things.

Your comment also points out that, let's say a message from the heavens tell you exactly whaty the earings for a company will be -- you now KNOW that earnings will be X ......but hey, will there be a 20 multiple on it or a 10 multiple?? who knows?

#21     Jan 7, 2010
  2. It's a very interesting situation. I once heard a quote that makes a LOT of sense: "A trend can go further than anybody thinks possible". Seen that one play out again and again. All the big players know it, which perpetuates trends.

At some point the bears will come back, but it might not be until S&P 1250 is broken. Part of the reasoning for this is the lack of hype: the average Joe is largely unaware of it. Once the papers start spouting headlines about how high the market has gone, you better be going short.

#22     Jan 8, 2010
  3. bl33p

bl33p

In the spirit of "further than anyone thinks possible", I'd write that as 1750...because taking out the old double top would finally erase bearish perception on the market.

#23     Jan 8, 2010
  4. S2007S

S2007S

Markets up up up...

there is no stopping this thing.

wow, look at the push higher into the close

over a million jobs lost over the last 12 months and the markets continue to move up, I guess when we start adding jobs over the next 12 months the markets will sink 20%+

#24     Jan 8, 2010
  5. Bob111

Bob111

#25     Jan 8, 2010
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Can just imagine whats going to happen when the little guy jumps in thinking the market has another 100% + to run, they are going to get slammed, anyone thinking there is no correction coming whether next week or next year is fooling themselves, I can just imagine another 40% return in these markets followed by a 40-60% collapse. Its going to happen. This market cannot sustain these types of gains, especially when its all backed by debt, worthless dollars, liquidity and 0% interest rates. The next bubble has arrived.

#26     Jan 8, 2010
  7. S2007S

S2007S

Another thing to watch is whats going to happen when interest rates start to move higher, once bond offerings become weak rates are going to move higher.

#27     Jan 8, 2010
  8. NoDoji

NoDoji

You're talking about the market. The same market that pushed CROX to almost $75. I mean, what was THAT backed by? Really ugly shoes, no barriers to entry for competitors, and 20 cheap knockoffs on the way.

#28     Jan 8, 2010
  9. Bob111

Bob111

that's exactly my point. on top of that with all this funny accounting,ratings and bailouts for groups with "special interest"
    i wouldn't lend my money to anyone any time soon. WM "deal" is a great example. remind me Russia in early 90's

#29     Jan 8, 2010
  10. S2007S

S2007S

Get ready for the futures to be jammed up Sunday night and a gap up Monday morning, the rally will continue until it just completely collapses, who knows when that will be but it will happen. Risk outweighs reward at this moment. Hundreds and hundreds of stocks continue to touch new highs and are up HUNDREDS OF percent over the last 6 months.

#30     Jan 8, 2010