Still don't have the answer about Taxes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NeoRio1, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Keogh plan combined with a Money Purchase or Defined Benefit Plan or Profit Sharing Trust or etc....etc..

whine bags...jeeze.

#41     Oct 20, 2008
  2. Unlike someone (maybe like you) who has little or no dignity and doesn't mind whom he offends??! Ok, I get it!

#42     Oct 20, 2008
  3. I believe what you are referring to is Obama's plan to let the current tax cuts expire.

Best to listen to what John McCain said about these a few years ago when he was running against Bush:

“I don’t think the governor’s tax cut is too big—it’s just misplaced. Sixty percent of the benefits from his tax cuts go to the wealthiest 10% of Americans—and that’s not the kind of tax relief that Americans need. … Gov. Bush wants to spend the entire surplus on tax cuts. I don’t believe the wealthiest 10% of Americans should get 60% of the tax breaks. I think the lowest 10% should get the breaks. …

“I’m not giving tax cuts for the rich.”
    Hell, that's better than Obama's argument.'

Better is this one, and note the argument AGAINST cutting the 39% rate that all the Joe the Plumber fuss is all about:

“Mr. President, the principle that guides my judgment of a tax reconciliation bill is tax relief for those who need it the most—lower- and middle-income working families. I am in favor of a tax cut, but a responsible one that provides significant tax relief for lower- and middle-income families. And I commend Sen. Grassley for moving in that direction. But I am concerned that debt will overwhelm many American households. That is why tax relief should be targeted to middle-income Americans. The more fortunate among us have less concern about debt. It is the parents struggling to make ends meet who are most in need of tax relief.

“I had expressed hope that when the reconciliation bill was reported out of the Senate Finance Committee, the tax cuts outlined would provide more tax relief to working, middle-income Americans. However, I am disappointed that the Senate Finance Committee preferred instead to cut the top tax rate of 39.6% to 36%, thereby granting generous tax relief to the wealthiest individuals of our country at the expense of lower- and middle-income American taxpayers.”
    Seneca

#43     Oct 21, 2008