Still don't have the answer about Taxes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NeoRio1, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Mercor

Mercor

I doubt your temperament would allow you to trade successful.

Sad news for you, unless you keep your money in a box, you are helping growth in the economy.
    Just because you are a selfish narcissistic hermit trader does not mean there are too many like you.

#21     Oct 19, 2008

2. Buffet, Gates and Google CEO Schmidt are for Obama Do you seriously think you're smarter that them when it comes to managing money and growing your wealth ?
    The republican party has become the last refuge of uneducated bitter angry scared White men whose irrational and manic hate of Blacks transcends any logic, dogma, or well laid argument.

If you were really into hard work and fairness. You'd find it outrageous that income derived from REAL WORK is taxed at a higher BRACKET than income derived from capital gains.

Let me tell you one thing, If you really had money. you'd not be that scared/ fearful. The only thing I got from money is a feeling of safety, and once you get enough to live off interests from municipal bonds. The law of diminishing returns kicks in. I'm trading successfully because I have no pressure.

Your argument is a fake as that of Joe the Plumber. Let's face it, you're both economic losers and far from reaching the 250k bracket. What paralyzes you is the misplaced belief that a part of these taxes is going to end up in Black hands in the form of Welfare (Not true.) That alone is overriding everything else.

--The FACT that the Republican congress / president passed the biggest entitlement program in history (extended medicare benefits) and added trillions of $ in debt doesn't bother you.
    --The FACT that the US $ has weakened because of surging account deficits and the US manufacturing base destroyed in the name of free trade, doesn't bother you.
    -- The FACT that 10 Billion per month wasted in Irak could be used to invest in our nation's infrastructure so that we don't have bridges collapsing again and and provide hundreds of thousands of Americans with well paying jobs doesn't bother you.
    --The FACT that two of the crown jewels of American capitalism, Ford and GM are crushed under Health Care obligations and unable to compete with foreign car makers is fine with you.
    --The FACT the oil prices have skyrocketed since two oilmen have taken over the power and left the country vulnerable to economic blackmail from the same region we seek to transform doesn't bother you.

If I were to peek in your brain. I'll probably see "OMG Blacks Welfare Blacks Oh MY Blacks Blacks Taxes Welfare Wealth transfer Blacks They'll tax me and give to Blacks "

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122446734650049199.html

#22     Oct 20, 2008
  3. Many excellent posts so far. I'm really enjoying this thread.
    :D

#23     Oct 20, 2008
  4. TGregg

TGregg

Welcome to democrat double-talk, where increasing the spending on some program less than the amount they asked for is called "budget cutting". Where checks sent to people who did not pay a dime in taxes is a "rebate". Increasing welfare is called a "tax cut". And punishing success while rewarding failure is called "fairness" or "spreading the wealth".

#24     Oct 20, 2008
  5. Arnie

Arnie

States with highest minority population have the highest infant mortality rates. And your point was?

#25     Oct 20, 2008
  6. It ain't gonna happen. The best idea out there by far, is the FairTax and its being pushed by Republican John Linder. Democrats (and some Republicans) do not like the idea of removing their taxing power.

McCain has actually shown some interest in the FairTax, and that's a very good thing.

#26     Oct 20, 2008
  7. Fair Tax is the dumbest tax idea possible, much worse than flat tax. It would immediately destroy the budget and create large incentives for black market activity. It would hit the middle and lower classes the hardest, hell it would DESTROY the middle class. Progressive income tax is the golden standard for a reason.

#27     Oct 20, 2008
  8. First off, that's not true. California, for example, is a massive state with high minority population, decent prenatal care and therefore lower infant mortality.

http://www.census.gov/statab/ranks/rank17.html

Second, it's not skin color that's the problem, it's poverty.

http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/poverty/poverty07/tables07.html

Third, poverty is even more of a driving reason for the southern Republican states to provide decent prenatal care.

It's a choice. Southern states choose to provide lower taxes than things like prenatal care to the poor. The result? More dead babies, which is ostensibly something that Republicans tell us that they care about.

#28     Oct 20, 2008
  9. How would it possibly hurt the lower class? People at the poverty level or below wouldn't pay a single dime in income tax or even social security tax.

The progressive tax is a dream killer. Its simply a product of wealth envy and frankly it just plain sucks.

Do most people receive their employment through the middle class or how about the lower class? No, they don't. Jobs are created by people with capital. Lots of it.

Liberals don't like the FairTax, because it takes away power from their beloved government and thats exactly what needs to be done.

#29     Oct 20, 2008
  10. Thomas Jefferson says you're wrong.

#30     Oct 20, 2008