Still Can't get it Right. I think its completely Subconciously

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Flashboy, Mar 30, 2009.

1. I can't tell if you are mocking me or not (based on my first repsonse to you which was indeed serious).

But anyways, why don't you sit down and try and come up with an algo to take advantage of your trade setups for you? Take all your criteria necessary and come up with an order of operations. Then, find a programmer to code it for you. If your method works and it's just you getting in the way, best thing to do is take you out of the equation!

#11     Mar 30, 2009
  2. Ok, I just caught your last post. How about trying something to make yourself more calm and patient. Meditation, Hypnosis, listening to relaxing music, etc? Second, you need to have a reward/punishment system set up to help you with your discipline, since you have a problem. It's obviously not enough punishment that you lose on stupid trades so up the anty. I can't tell what that is you need to figure it out for yourself. All behavior is made up of habits you need to create some new ones. Good luck.

#12     Mar 30, 2009
  3. Thanks for the input. not mocking you at all.

Pyschological problems are so hard to overcome because you can't see them, you can't really feel them. They're there though.. hidden and come out in many detrimental ways.

and for those people that do not have them, I believe its hard for them to understand how/why people like myself can be controlled by them.

#13     Mar 30, 2009
  4. thanks and I couldn't agree more.

I think the fact that I haven't done it is self sabotage. but I for some reason refuse to put in the work on my psychological issues

#14     Mar 30, 2009
  5. It is a psychological problem and one that I suffer from as well. Check out my journal where I explain the methodology I will be using and then proceed to do the opposite and wipe out my account. I think you have a good point about taking ourselves out of the equation. I have often thought that that would be the best solution. Where could I and the OP find a programmer and how much does that cost?

#15     Mar 30, 2009
  6. Honestly, I don't even know. I do not suffer from the same issues so I haven't needed to go that route. Maybe try starting a thread in the hook-up section. I believe there are many programmers that frequent this board. I think one goes by "rosy" or along those lines.

#16     Mar 30, 2009
  7. You've received a lot of good guidance on this thread, maybe this book will help you along your way.

Self-Discipline in 10 Days

Good Luck

#17     Mar 30, 2009
  8. Welcome to The Game.
    You've ascended to a certain level and now discover there's
    a whole new lesson to learn, greater levels to ascend to.
    - Lessons from out of left-field in comparison to analyses and
    the rudiments of execution.
    Ah, well. The E-Trade baby can do it, right?
    I suggest forget the 'self-sabotage' stuff, or at least don't beat
    yourself up over it. You're in a place thousands of NORMAL folks
    have been before, so don't be so hard on yourself. However, you
    WILL master this phase or quit trading at some point so don't
    trivialize your situation. In fact, make it the center point of your
    work. Recognize you're not "THERE" yet but somewhere along your
    own learning curve.
    Here's a hint: Your situation may be more technical and less
    psychological than you think :eek:

#18     Mar 30, 2009
  9. Hope you can use these suggestions.

First and most importantly, the wording you have used indicates you are "controlled" by "Psychological problems". From that victimized state of mind where you feel out of control of your own actions, you will not find the solution you desire. You must find beliefs and thoughts that empower you rather than take control away from you.

Notice how when you feel lost, out of control, and hopeless you have trouble finding solutions to your problems. When you feel hopeful, in control, focused, and happy, the solutions will come.

The other topics such as your system/method of trading and analysis of the market are only relevant if you can find a balanced and empowered perspective.

Also, if are trading real money stop b/c your current state of mind will not make you money.

#19     Mar 30, 2009
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

put down your thoughts here with some actionable items, exmp: sell at, buy at etc.. pre market. Come back at end of day let us know how you are doing. Then we will let you know how you are really doing.:p

#20     Mar 30, 2009