Still begging for a huge rate cut and QE! Simply amazing.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Aug 19, 2019.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Begging for rate cuts at the September fed meeting, not even will to accept a 1/4 or even 1/2 but a whole Fu©king point off the fed funds rate. Will never happen but of course the fed will now have to bow to wallstreet and give a 1/4 cut. I'm telling you we are going to have NEGATIVE interest rates sooner than later. Once the recession and crisis comes along the fed will have no where to go but NEGATIVE!!!

Trump says Fed should cut rates by at least 1% ‘with perhaps some quantitative easing’

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/19/tru...nt-with-perhaps-some-quantitative-easing.html

krugman25 likes this.
  2. Are you living under a rock?

The FED already hinted they will target longer timeframed instruments on the next recession.

There is just too much money parked on longer term bonds ( since the last crisis ) and the FED made very clear they are not happy about it.

So..... if you still didnt get it....... short term interest have lost its former weight.

gkishot likes this.
  3. noddyboy

noddyboy

But why is negative so bad anyway?

4. dozu888

dozu888

almost 3 years and still have not caught on how Trump does things? he always start by asking for a mile... art of the deal... asking is FREE!

why not 1% cut.. no inflation.. money is pouring into the US... we are the only bright spot in the world economy... MAGA!

volpri and ET180 like this.
  5. ET180

ET180

There is inflation. The government just intentionally does not measure it so that they don't have to adjust SS higher or raise rates. Tuition, healthcare costs, and housing have all been increasing at more than 2% per year for a while.

bh_prop and Arnie like this.
  6. tsznecki

tsznecki

YES! TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!

Why stop at 100 basis points, make it 150 or 200. Go big or go home. It's gonna be YUGEEE!

7. dozu888

dozu888

i know this is a popular argument... that's why we have CPI that counts many things.. and I do agree CPI is not 100% accurate..

8. carrer

carrer

Cut the rates. Make borrowings cheap again.

9. S2007S

S2007S

CPI is far from accurate, everything from goods and services has skyrocketed in the last 2 decades. 2% inflation is something only fools believe!!

elitenapper likes this.
  10. dozu888

dozu888

I have a slightly different view :)

I think it's about 70% accurate... yes some items have skyrocketed, however people also tend to focus on those as they hurt the wallet lol... there are also items that came down in price.. electronics e.g.

anyway, I don't think the CPI accuracy is the key factor for the low inflation.... outsourcing means low skill jobs have little pay raises.. and technology has also made goods cheaper..

#10     Aug 19, 2019