Stick a fork in additional stimulus .

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Giovanni218, Jun 5, 2020.

1. The blood suckers making $800 a week were certain they'd get a free ride until Jan . Thats over with .

Clubber Lang likes this.
  2. ZBZB

ZBZB

Why did people go back to work if they are getting unemployment and $600 a week?

3. ElCubano

ElCubano

those numbers cant be correct. People I know here cant get unemployment because the system is antiquated ( in Florida) google the disaster it is. Those people have not been counted. Then I'm sure there are people back at work and still collecting unemployment. lol.

4. S2007S

S2007S

I heard there were some incentives to go back to work.

5. S2007S

S2007S

I was thinking how is it possible that these economists who are paid quite handsomely miss jobs numbers by 10,000,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something doesn't add up right. This addition of 2 million jobs sounds way off.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  6. zdreg

zdreg

They figured the bonanza, the giveaway, won't be renewed.

7. S2007S

S2007S

And I agree if these unemployment numbers drop faster than predicted and stocks touch historical highs you can forget about additional stimulus, additional stimulus checks, additional enhanced unemployment, extended unemployment pay and anything else additional everyone was hoping to receive due to this pandemic. It will be completely washed away as unemployment figures drop and wallstreet skyrockets.

8. Dow up 9000 pts in 10 weeks . Thats almost 1000 pts a week. $10 trillion of wealth added in 10 weeks . And this time the smart money got killed . Professionals are the ones short . Joe six pack in his pj's buying 1 option contract or the least 10 cent stock up 20 times has danced on their grave .

Clubber Lang and FriskyCat like this.
  9. jys78

jys78

I agree it has been an impressive run (both directions!). But I doubt Joe Six Pack beat the pros. Most civilians I know either did nothing (smart) or, more likely, sold out at the bottom and are now praying for another drop that might never come.

10. S2007S

S2007S

As i have been saying there is no way this rally just goes goes goes and goes. Will get a huge drop and everyone will running for the exit and will be shocked meanwhile all they had to do was click sell and lock in their profits now and be very happy they did so.

#10     Jun 5, 2020