Steven Nison

Discussion in 'Trading' started by EpiphanyTrading, May 10, 2009.

1. EpiphanyTrading

EpiphanyTrading ET Sponsor

Of course, I know how my partner feels. I am here to ask for the feed back or this forum. I, myself, have not heard of Steven Nison until a few months ago.

Brendan P. Byrne

#11     May 10, 2009
  2. EpiphanyTrading

EpiphanyTrading ET Sponsor

Thank you, I have reached out to Baron.

Back to the topic at hand, what are the pluses and minuses of Steven Nison's methodology?

Brendan P. Byrne

#12     May 10, 2009
  3. If Epiphany Trading is the type of company that pays someone to act as an expert advisor and lecturer and then comes onto an anonymous internet forum to try and figure out if the 'big check' they wrote was ill-advised, then Epiphany is not the type of company anyone should want to do business with. Presumably you can now understand that the time to ask these questions was before you wrote the check.

As an aside, you're almost certainly a liar. The reason I say this is that only one statement can be true - either you are profitable 18 out of 20 days or you have just heard of Nison last month. Those two statements cannot both be true, because there are maybe 1 out of 500 traders who are profitable 18 days out of 20 but have never heard of the world's leading candlestick educator.

#13     May 10, 2009
  4. Don't use it alone nor use it to understand the price action of the trading instrument you're trading.

Instead, it should be used as a confirmation signal or secondary method to whatever primary method your using.

For example, I know some using S/R Levels (primary) while using Japanese Candlesticks (confirmation for trades at s/r levels).

In addition, you should have a strong understanding of the price action prior to the appearances of any Japanese Candlestick patterns.

Don't use Japanese Candlestick Analysis to define (explain) the price action.

Further, all those I've met that have tried to use it alone with nothing else...

They were consistently losing.

In contrast, the few that I know that are profitable while using Japanese Candlestick Analysis...

They are not using it alone and they're using their own custom Japanese Candlestick patterns.

However, it all started via Steve Nison books (giving credit where it's due).

Yeah, I have his books and have attended a few seminars in the past many years ago (no regrets because it sparked my own ideas).

Simply, I couldn't use the material the way it was (as is).

All the above have been echoed many times before in the past at ET by others...

It's nothing new.

Mark

#14     May 10, 2009
  5. No they are not the same thing. They use the same data but because candlesticks are much bigger in size, they instantly highlight the relationship between open and close which is the most important relationship there is.

#15     May 10, 2009
  6. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

IMO Nison couldn't trade his way out of a wet paper bag and would pee his pants if he actually had to use the stuff he teaches.

Make him show an audited mult-year track record of his trading if he's not another smarmy scam artist.

#16     May 10, 2009
  7. Steven Nison doesn't trade as he says it scares him thus he doesn't have a methodology. He's an analyst by confession and there's no attempt to fool us into thinking he knows how to use these to make a killing.

The guy is good at explaining candles (and for that I'd recommend him) and lucky for Steve, he was the guy who brought the signals to the West and did a great job of marketing them, but it's old hat stuff now and freely available on the Internet.

There's nothing unique; nothing that is Steve's signal or method. Nothing to pay for - just common signals that have pretty much taken over the market.

You'll get a good presentation and loads of signals as that's what you pay for at these events, but you only need to know a few of the main ones most of the time.

Presenting a trader with over 100 signals with strange names hinders more than helps: stick to the top few if you are a novice. Google to find a consensus of the most effective and you're 80% of the way to trading candles.

There are not 100+ bar signals and saying candles and bars are the same thing means you have no idea about candles. Candles have many unique and worthwhile signals that can't be seen in bar charts.

So, if it's a free presentation then I'd recommend it. If you have to pay, you can get everything for free elsewhere.

For the OP, you've paid for a marketing name and there's nothing wrong with that. Good luck with your memberships.

#17     May 10, 2009
  8. Mvic

Mvic

Never heard of this guy and I have been around a while. +-5 figure days=HUGE trader? Are you related to OB1?

#18     May 10, 2009
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Never heard of him.

Do people still fall for shit like this?

#19     May 10, 2009
  10. This and the prior post are funny. I guess it shows you that you can make a name for yourself for a while by talking about some trading idea, but if you don't trade your name just fades away.

Steve brought candles to the West and now most traders using candles have no idea who he is. That shows how freely available this information really is.

#20     May 10, 2009