Steven Dux: +230k today. $500K on the week

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trader99, Jun 12, 2020.

1. destriero

destriero

lol he's either got $230K to lose or it's fake. IOW if the blotter is legit he's gotta have a couple mil liquid.

I've shown one blotter with a down day. I don't typically post the down days as I cut losses at a hard-stop of 5% of net liq. So the six or seven figure days are going to be the ones that I post. I had a $320K loser this year.

IMO the blotter looks bogus. I can't imagine such a shitty front-end.

#51     Jun 13, 2020
  2. But it is the same, proportionally; you're missing the opportunity cost. If (according to Dux) he can make $100k+/week trading, then spending any amount of time doing anything at less than that during market hours is a loss.

You can't scale your consulting business the way you can trading. So, for you, trading is not an opportunity cost. For someone who can supposedly pull hundreds of thousands out of the market as their primary income stream, doing anything else is.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    #52     Jun 13, 2020
  3. southall

southall

I doubt he has suckered anywhere near the number of course attendees as he is claiming.

My guess his total course attendance numbers are also fake like the Ferrari pics and his PnL

'Fake it till you make it'

#53     Jun 13, 2020
  4. destriero

destriero

Yeah, there is no way that his marketing shit is feasible if he's making anything above $50K/week from trading. The logistics alone are prohibitive. The opportunity cost of missing a trading day...

Which means the runs and claims of $500K are bogus.

#54     Jun 13, 2020
  5. southall

southall

Also what kind of a Chinese name is Steven Dux?

A fake identity to add to this guys long list of fakery..

#55     Jun 13, 2020
    10_bagger and destriero like this.
  6. destriero

destriero

IKR? Like "Ken Calhoun" ..... sounds like the guy who killed the outlaw Jesse James.

#56     Jun 13, 2020
    trader99 likes this.
  7. southall

southall

IRC Calhoun was the name of a character JR hired in Dallas to blow some Middle eastern oil fields and push up the price of Oil.

#57     Jun 13, 2020
  8. trader99

trader99

He's simplifying his complex Chinese name for the American audience. I think he's real Chinese name is Steve Duxi. As you might know Xi is a common phonetic songs in Chinese names but almost unpronounceable by non-Chinese. So he shorten his name to appeal to a modern audience of non-Chinese speakers.

#58     Jun 13, 2020
  9. trader99

trader99

He never said he CONSISTENTLY makes $100K/week. Just only recently did all these opportunities come to make $100K/week.

But on average, he's closer to $50K-$100K a month which is quite doable. I think I might hit that goal in the next 12-18 months if not sooner. And I'm no Steve Dux.

#59     Jun 13, 2020
  10. orbit23

orbit23

Funny thing is , most of the strategies that those gurus promote are to short penny stocks. No surprise everything is popping up like crazy.

#60     Jun 13, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.