Steven Cohen's trading results

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trend Fader, May 1, 2005.

1. gnome

gnome

Waaaay off the point.

#11     May 2, 2005

2. try not being a douche bag

alex

#12     May 2, 2005
  3. Check out the news today (edit: I guess this came out Fri) on the financing agreement...

#13     May 2, 2005
  4. nitro

nitro

There are a couple of theories:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...102-5283965-8616124?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...102-5283965-8616124?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Nothing to do with genes, but certainly with "culture." There is a very famous book that every Philosophy major (political or otherwise) has to read:

nitro

#14     May 2, 2005
  5. On this whole topic of race/ethnicity and success -- Thomas Sowell (the economist) has written a book entitled "Migrations and Cultures" in which he outlines why some people groups have succeeded versus others -- I found it interesting.

#15     May 2, 2005
  6. The fact that I have to reply to something as ridiculous as this makes me want to puke. I suggest you visit a local synagogue this Thursday and hear about what happened the last time a bunch of sociopaths decided Jews were prospering while others were not.

#16     May 2, 2005
  7. I am not Jewish. But my wife is. In deciding where our children should go to school, we looked at a Jewish elementary school. Kids had just dropped down, and were sitting, reading to each other in the hallway, as if they couldn't wait to share some new information. That was the last school we had to look at. My kids have been there ever since.

#17     May 2, 2005
  8. i have no idea on entry prices, but these two big holding were highly publicized some time ago.

#18     May 2, 2005
  9. nitro

nitro

Huh?

Are you saying that per capita, Jews are worse off or no better off than other "ethnic" minorities? Or are you saying that this line of reasoning leads to Hitler?

:confused: nitro :confused:

#19     May 2, 2005
  10. I was surpirsed to read so many posts regarding "small wins, small losses, big wins".
    I think it has a lot to do with an individual's personality that drives his money management techniques. Some may settle for 10% of their winners driving 90 % of their profits. I tend to lean towards consistent returns with a few major blemishes. Personally, I've found consistency breeds confidence, and an occasional large loss is just part of the game.
    That being said, most people I know who manage money for a living (ie CTAs, etc) tend to look for the limited big winners to drive the majority of profits. Maybe it has something to do with the sheer size of accounts, or simply they know something I don't ...:D
    Either way, as we all know, it all comes down to the money management.

#20     May 2, 2005