Steve46

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ozzy, Dec 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozzy

ozzy

This thread was started to show my disappointment in ET management in regards to Steve46 being banned. He was part of the small percentage of folks who actually added value to the quality of ET.

The reason behind his removal was due to him sticking is neck out and calling out someone who was a potential scam artist. I am not 100% sure that this person was, but this is my experience with him.

When I was selling an aeron chair this person called me in regards to the chair. The conversation immediately turned from me selling my chair to his explanation of how he finally figured out how to trade futures successfully after many many years of trying.

He then proceeded to tell me that he had tried many systems over the years and that he finally found a mentor who taught him how to trade futures successfully. After all the sugar coating (classic salesman approach) he let me know that the course would cost me $6000 if I was interested.

Take what you want from this. Personally for me it was a sales pitch/scam. What I found peculiar and somewhat funny is that he mentioned a few months later that he would never trade futures again. This was after his claim of being an expert futures trader after taking this "$6000" course during our phone call.

Steve was the only person in here with enough of a spine to say something about this. He was doing the right thing and for it he got banned. I find this very disappointing and had to write something about so it would not slide into obscurity.

I guess this is what you get for standing up for what's right these days.

ozzy

2. Steve is one of the few here on et who's got a clue of what he's talking about. I cannot believe moderators prefer to give more credibility to potential scammers.

It's a disgrace.

3. Pabst

Pabst

Is his "brother" Lefty still a member? I liked both Steve and Lefty.

I presume Samson was banned as well?

4. Steve46 is VERY generous. While the ideas I share are often in experimental stage or abstract enough to keep as much secrecy as possible about my techniques, Steve46 shares many valuable observations coming from solid experience. The quality of his posts convinces me that he is sincere when he says that he is concerned about protecting other members against scam artists.

If ET is really banning Steve46 or worst, choosing Samson over the best ET participant, I will have to look elsewhere on the internet for people like him and by doing so I am inviting other members to boycott ET for any decision that would go against the quality of posts on this site.

5. The best thing about Lefty "Steve46" were the dumpster dialogues.

6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I suspended steve46 and samson77 for the purposes of a cooling off period. We received complaints that their back and forth arguments were wrecking threads and their language was inflammatory and filled with profanity. Considering that I looked at the situation myself and deleted scores of posts manually, it was clear to me that they needed to cool off.

However, I have reinstated their accounts since it's been several days since the supspension. Hopefully things will turn out better this time.

7. Thank you Baron.

8. Choad

Choad

Yes they were getting out of hand. I put them on restrictions until they get their grades up. And if they mow the lawn and get the garage cleaned out, I MIGHT let them borrow their Mom's station wagon and hang out at Mike's house for a couple hours.

But they better be back before 7:00 or ELSE.

Can't let those boys get away with too much or they'll get into trouble...

:D

9. Steve46, Lefty is in my top ten all-time favorite ET posters!

But hey, Catcher in the Rye and Huck Finn were banned at one point too. :(

10. TGregg

TGregg

Catcher was a big phony anyway. :)

#10     Dec 19, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.