Steve46 and Samson77 ruined another thread

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by takenoprisoners, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitro

nitro

When I am having a hard time falling asleep, I take the guy off ignore and start reading his posts - I am asleep within minutes.

I am sending these findings to the Journal of Sleep Medicine.

nitro

#31     Mar 7, 2006
  2. Grob posted in a non shakespearen way

I thought you always talked like that?

Could have fooled me.

#32     Mar 7, 2006
  3. Banjo

Banjo

Mom, Steve's poking me.

#33     Mar 9, 2006
  4. are there any temporary bans on ET, e.g. first-time abusive / obnoxious posters being banned from posting for a week or 2? too cumbersome to implement? thanks...

#34     Mar 9, 2006
  5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Yeah, I've done temporary bans before. In fact, in the past I've temporarily banned the two members that are the subject of this thread.

#35     Mar 9, 2006
  6. Wow.....people cry to mommy when someone makes them mad...

I feel for you Baron

#36     Mar 10, 2006
  7. mmmhhh... see what u mean Baron...
    just an idea, perhaps nothing new to you but just in case... sometimes things can get out of hand of course, but these are otherwise smart people one hopes... perhaps if they knew that on top of being temporarily banned, ALL of their posts in the incriminated thread wld be deleted (as if put on Ignore by ET), regardless of whether they are quoted in responses / have contributed anything of value / whether that wld be somewhat detrimental to the quality / legibility of the particular thread... perhaps they wld be much less tempted to go too far off-topic / use inflammatory language etc...

seems like it wld be less admin for you / ET mods as well...

#37     Mar 10, 2006
  8. Star

Star

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sissy little crybaby says

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This is a trading site and not a romper room for little boys. my god.

#38     Mar 10, 2006
  9. Actually in addition to being a romper room for little boys, it is a playground for scammers.

That is why you are seeing this talk of "banning" going on.

Unfortunately there are a couple of ET members who like to make a living selling materials to newbies. If people like me object, they make less money. Its about that simple.

Almost 4,300 ET members have read this thread. This is more page views that almost any thread there. I think the reason why people are interested is that they are bombarded by offers to sell them all kinds of useless crap. Here is the reference if you are interested.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60755

If I remember correctly you like to trade options. The LRC method I have been using works nice for that. I have some charts posted that might help you out. No charge, no advisories, no books, no website, no referrals to "mentors" (my teacher died last year) just the info there for you if you want it. Also I am always glad to answer questions.

Good luck with your trading.
    Steve

#39     Mar 10, 2006
  10. Very clever Samson. Get steve46 and you "banned", and then you get to stay here as takenoprisoners. In case you haven't learned, it is easier than you think to recognize a prolific contributor's writing style. And if a relatively new poster shows up and makes a lot of posts trying to pass himself off as an expert, then it is very obvious. And thanks to steve46, we're all over it.

#40     Mar 10, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.