Steve46 and Samson77 ruined another thread

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by takenoprisoners, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There were three consecutive posts.

1. my long one (not removed by Baron he avers)
    2. your follow up comment on it that you had cut and pasted it to read it and that you disliked it
    3. My response to you of "five" words that Barron said he removed on page 14.

Three consecutive posts. All were removed.

Baron only removed one of mine and someone else removed my long post. He said he removed my response to you because he also removed the post you made to me and my post, therefore did not matter.

This weak CYA by Baron doesn't fly at all.

I am wrong for making the asumption I did on the two posts I made that were only separated by you intervening post. And all of this is the sharply honed beginning point that Baron claims. Right after my missing post and right at the point of your response to me. Fat chance!!!!

Naturally I read his initial comment to include me because he specifically said all the person's posts that were removed were removed by him. That seemed to include mine. Look at his post that states this.

Barons posts here to me are bullshit and just wiggle around to get him out of whatever. What crap.

I made a good and clear post on edges. The response to it by the thread starter even took the trouble to refer to my included example. That post after page 14 was removed also. It was a post to me and about our views.

Offering to ban me for the post I made here and forgetting to tell me I was off topic then and now telling me I am off topic just continues Baron's theme of wiggling around. All of this is way way out of line.

Bullshit is bullshit and it is not my bullshit.

#21     Mar 6, 2006
  2. Just on General Principle grob needs to be excommunicated.

#22     Mar 6, 2006
  3. We all enjoy getting a brawl at the local watering hole once in a while, but it's rarely a good idea to set your eye on one of the bouncers for an opponent, and just plain not smart to pick a fight with the owner.

Now get me a beer and then go on back to the pool tables and shake it off.

#23     Mar 6, 2006

4. Good advice if someone actually gives a $hit.

#24     Mar 6, 2006
  5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Yes. That's what this site is: A dictatorship. It's not a democracy. It's my site and my rules. When you sign up to become a member, you agree to abide by the rules of member conduct. If a person doesn't like the rules, then they shouldn't become a member or waste their time posting things that violate the rules, because it results in post deletion, banning, or both. I'm sure you would run your own site the exact same way. There are 40,000+ members and I don't have time to babysit rule-breakers.

There's nothing wrong with expressing opinions. There are tons of threads in this feedback forum that illustrate this. Someone repeatedly telling me I'm a liar and a "load of bullshit" is something different entirely. I'm a straight shooter, and I treat everyone here in a respectful manner. I expect to be treated in the same way.

#25     Mar 6, 2006
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Wrong again. If you go back and read what I said, you'll see that I said I deleted the "off topic posts". Your long post was not off topic. Therefore, I did not delete it. I would have no reason to delete that post whatsoever.

Again, I did not delete your long post. If you want to post it again, feel free. I did not delete it the first time. If I had made a mistake and accidentally deleted it, I would simply tell you that fact so you could repost it. However, to my knowledge I did not knowingly delete your post. But in the event that I clicked on the wrong post in error without realizing it, you are certainly welcome to post it again.

#26     Mar 6, 2006
  7. Holy Christ, you guys!

1. Starting a whine thread is a mistake, especially from someone who has been a member here for 30 days.

2. This is Baron's site and it is obviously pointless to argue with him about his editorial decisions. I haven't agreed with every decision he has made. The right way to address this is through private communication, because it's his site.

3. Grob, you've been here a while, but to suggest to Baron that 'deleting my material is a mistake' is... well, it's a mistake. Your contributions here have been much debated but there are a lot of people who read your stuff. However, there isn't one member here whose permanent departure would change the site in any way. You're included. And it's kind of silly to say that Baron has some sort of ethical responsibility to provide you or anyone else with a forum. I assume that's what you meant when you said that

Banning me is not a very good idea on your part. What is a good idea is accomodating my concerns.

Lastly, with regard to the takenoprisoner's suggestion that Baron's response to Grob constitues a 'threat' that would be actionable is proof that he is a whiner and a baby. As if anyone could sue Baron for telling a member that a particular behaviour will get him banned. That's just stupid.

If you don't like Baron's decisions, leave.

#27     Mar 7, 2006
  8. bronks

bronks

What a bunch of bitches. You know who you are.

Oh, and one senile old man.

Fuck'in pathetic.

#28     Mar 7, 2006
  9. Choad

Choad

[​IMG]

#29     Mar 7, 2006
  10. mxjones

mxjones

#30     Mar 7, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.