Steve Wynn is right!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AMT4SWA, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Ricter

Ricter

All actions which will, of course, reduce jobs elsewhere.

#41     Oct 13, 2009
  2. BTW....during "Katrina" it WAS NOT the feds that helped people in need RIGHT AWAY!

Ask "Katrina" victims who REALLY helped them out after all the destruction! :cool:

#42     Oct 13, 2009
  3. Bravo!!!!!

I agree 100 %.

We sort the black people by income via projects. Kicked the black man out of the family house via welfare. The media sticks the microphone in Al Sharpton's face for an opinion, wtf? Is he the only face of black America? Cosby gets run out of dodge with his brown vs board rants. White money abandons any black leadership when blacks are elected to major city office. It is a joke.

#43     Oct 13, 2009
  4. Government doesn't create dependency any more than government creates in-dependency...

#44     Oct 13, 2009
  5. Ricter

Ricter

And let's not forget that that period was a time of massive protectionism in the form of tariffs and quotas, enforced by... yep, government. We flourished for lack of competition.

#45     Oct 13, 2009
  6. The federal government is FREQUENTLY involved with activity very very counter to the well being of local communities and their citizens.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t3p...72055E3BC&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=6

The feds are NOT the group to be running to for your needed assitance.......HELL NO!

#46     Oct 13, 2009
  7. I think its more to do with the fact that the aggragate demand for goods and services isn't enough to employ as many people as go hunting for work. Sure they could get themselves educated to where we'd probably have more middlemen, lawyers, account executives, actors, musicians and minimum value adding functionaries to the workforce when what we need is engineers
    which I'm sure you know are being graduated by China 10 fold to
    what they are here. The ripple effect is like chaos theory where trying to condense its myriad cast over our economy in a thread is concerned. Think its bad now? The future holds all sorts of
    possibilities for government esp. when you talk about infrastructure needs and beyond anything Obama has intruduced even. Some major natural disaster that might make Katrina look like your basement flooding would make alot of people suddenly find God. I don't know how things are going to get better esp. with everybody at each others throats the way they are. We need cooperation not competition.

#47     Oct 13, 2009
  8. I agree.....I cooperate extremely well with those in my local neighboorhood/community.

#48     Oct 13, 2009
  9. I look at government like the head of the chicken which w/o ...!:D

#49     Oct 13, 2009
  10. Not really.....I have worked on and flown Boeing, McDonald Douglas, and Airbus aircraft. All these companies are tied into the aircraft and space programs industrial sector....heck most of the avionics suppliers are the same group who build controls for the space industry, etc.

They are all the same industrial/economic sector....very simple to see that.
    -----------------------------------------------
    OK you win. Please accept my sincere apology.

http://tinyurl.com/yjm842

#50     Oct 13, 2009