Steve Wynn is right!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AMT4SWA, Oct 13, 2009.

1. You should go to Detroit and tell that to those 6500 people looking for free "Obama money" from his "stash".

#11     Oct 13, 2009
  2. achilles28

achilles28

You're mistaken.

Taxation doesn't create jobs.

When Government spends half my paycheck (50% tax), how much wealth is created had I kept that 50% and spent it myself? Zero.

Taxation is a zero-sum game. In fact, its worse.

Bureaucratic inefficiencies add a 35% premium to the cost of administration. Hours worked, no quotas, lots of holidays, bloated pensions etc etc.

#12     Oct 13, 2009
  3. achilles28

achilles28

Where did segregation laws come from, in the first place?

Government. So Government creates a problem. Then fixes it (several decades later).

Not a great example.

#13     Oct 13, 2009
  4. So how does Haliburton get its money? What about Blackwater? Didn't those two firms hire people? Where does that money come from?

And what about defense industry technological breakthroughs that make it to the private sector? The internet? Microwaves?

Your zero-sum statement is quite "simplistic."

#14     Oct 13, 2009
  5. achilles28

achilles28

Taxes.

Where do you think?

You don't get it...

Either I spend all my money. Or I spend half and the Government spends half. Either way, its a net wash. Net new job creation is ZERO between scenarios.

In fact, its less than zero. Bureaucratic inefficiencies tack a 30%+ premium on administration costs (dog fuckers). So, in actuality, I get 15% less (30% of 50%) when I pay tax, then if I had kept that money and spent it myself.

#15     Oct 13, 2009
  6. you guys are still wrong.
    when the government created the hiway system it raised living standards.
    when the government created the airport system it raised living standards.
    when the government created the electrric grid it raised living standards.
    the list is large.

#16     Oct 13, 2009
  7. So you will finance future wars yourself?

And you will hire bank regulators yourself?

And you will hire restaurant inspectors yourself?

Go eat at an unregulated/uninspected restaurant. Good luck.

#17     Oct 13, 2009
  8. achilles28

achilles28

Internet is a bad example. Destined to happen anyway with the proliferation of cheap technology. Microwaves/cell phones, sure. But was it Alexander Graham Bell who invented the telephone? Or was it the Military? How about the Light bulb? Railroad? or Model-T? Was that also the military?

Government R&D brings some products to market quicker. But to say the cell phone would NEVER had been invented, were it not for military research. Don't think so.

#18     Oct 13, 2009
  9. achilles28

achilles28

You missed the point.

The point is Government does not create jobs. It merely redistributes existing wealth taken from the private sector. Which is true.

#19     Oct 13, 2009
  10. And if you invent an engine that replaces the internal combustion engine, and a Chinese manufacturer copies it.

Who will you cry to?

The government. And why? To protect your wealth. And by doing so, the government will PROTECT your company's jobs, and as such, your company will grow and create NEW jobs.

You can't dismiss the government so easily. It does help raise the standard of living, and it protects wealth so it grows.

So yeah, that politician that called Wynn's views "simplistic" was dead on.

And I read the Rush Limbaugh transcript where he twists what she says. ANd you know what? Rush Limbaugh is a BIG FAT LIAR. And to think he once railed on Jerry Garcia for doing drugs?

LOL

#20     Oct 13, 2009