Steve Nison vs Al Brooks (who's the best marketer ?)

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TurtleLearner, May 16, 2018.

1. volpri

volpri

Question for all ET’ers on this thread. Do the markets lean towards certainty or uncertainty and whichever one, is that good or is that bad?

#31     May 30, 2018
  2. Xela

Xela

They're pretty uncertain, aren't they? But they lean toward certainty: they're "(some) order in chaos" rather than "chaos in order", IMO. My perhaps-simplistic first reaction is that that's good, because it produces enough behavioral duplicability for some statistical edges to be both possible and viable.

#32     May 30, 2018
    Lukas V likes this.
  3. panzerman

panzerman

Nice phrase. If you don't mind, I will borrow it for future use.

#33     May 30, 2018
  4. I don't think I'd ever use the term "certainty" in describing market behavior. As I see it, leaning towards the balance of probability is about as good as it gets.

#34     May 30, 2018
    lcranston likes this.
  5. Xela

Xela

Neither would I, unless - as in this instance - echoing someone else's wording (for the purpose of making a point which apparently passed you by). [​IMG]

#35     May 30, 2018
    Lukas V and volpri like this.
  6. Your point notwithstanding, I'd still give the nod towards uncertainty, given the choice between leaning towards it or certainty.

#36     May 30, 2018
  7. Lukas V

Lukas V

I don't think so!

I've been reading what you've said about Al Brooks in other threads.

I may be only a very recent member here, but I've been online long enough to know the voice of prejudice when I see it.

I'm not here to try to persuade anyone about anything.

I was just giving my own opinion on the question asked at the start of the thread.

On this subject, probably rather less than those of us who've experienced great benefits from Brooks' work.

I'm guessing he doesn't have a "dyslexic book club". And that Xela wouldn't be a member of one anyway. But thanks for clarifying your attitude around this subject.

#37     May 30, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  8. No, really. Because I bought the first book when it came out and returned it after reading the first hundred pages or so. It was the only book I've ever returned to Amazon, and I have bought many over the years. So if you could encapsulate some of the unique brilliance in succinct form, I would be all ears (or eyes, rather). To be clear, I didn't ask you to persuade me; I just asked you to clarify. You have not.

As for the dyslexic comment, that was just wrong, and I deleted that part.

#38     May 30, 2018
  9. volpri

volpri

So, if it leans towards uncertainty is that good or is that bad?

#39     May 30, 2018
  10. volpri

volpri

Probability could imply both: certainty and uncertainty...to some degree on either.

#40     May 30, 2018