Steve Nison vs Al Brooks (who's the best marketer ?)

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TurtleLearner, May 16, 2018.

1. You're welcome. Regarding Larry Williams, what Xela said, except that I don't think there are any "good things" about Larry. Someone recently asked why I didn't care for the fellow when I brought him up, and I posted the following:

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/thre...rofessional-trader.319792/page-5#post-4656004

You can certainly dig deeper and do more research, but I think we already know the outcome of this smell test.

#11     May 17, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  2. Jack1960

Jack1960

Why not take the best it what these us teach and adapt it to your own style?

#12     May 17, 2018
  3. punisher

punisher

As Mark Fisher said during his seminars (in regards to how Larry had turned 10k into 1mil), Larry probably opened 30 accounts, wiped out 29 of them while managed to get 1 (by luck) to 1mil, so there are his bragging rights.

When reading one of Larry's book, what hit me was his statement that he decided to write a book to have "a steady stream of income". Well, if you pay attention to details you can figure out the facts on your own. If you don't, then feel free to believe whatever you want (including claims made on the book cover)

#13     May 19, 2018
    zion likes this.
  4. That's one possibility. There are others...

#14     May 19, 2018
  5. bizkitgto

bizkitgto

Steve Nison's Candlestick material is pretty good. I'd recommend it.

#15     May 23, 2018
    JSOP likes this.
  6. volpri

volpri

ROFLMAO....I am a Brooks fan but this is hilarious..

#16     May 23, 2018
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Well, how many guru can say that their student won a trading championship?

#17     May 23, 2018
  8. Yeah, too bad her old man can't come close to her performance despite his being the guru and his daughter being the dilettante. Ever since that questionable win that put him on the map decades ago, he has repeatedly lost client money and has only had lackluster performance, at best, over the years that he has been doing "actual live trading" during his seminars. If that doesn't raise any questions for you, then I suggest you visit his web site and let him lighten you up a bit.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    #18     May 23, 2018
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

I just love to rile someone up about his pet peeve... I know I am evil.

I didn't mean his daughter, she was just one of the many:

"Larry's student have often been winners of the World Cup Championship of Futures Trading. Andrea Unger has won three times now with a 240% return in 2010, 115% in 2009, and an amazing 672% gain in 2008!

In 2010, Brady Preston finished second. Brady posted a 193.2% net return.

Micheal Cook won the World Cup Championship with a 250% gain in 2007 and 2014 with a 366% gain. Students Chuck Hughes, Kurt Sakaeda, John Holsinger and Steve Garner have been past winners of World Cup Trading Championship events as well."

https://www.ireallytrade.com/halloffame.html

So what says you? Maybe he can't trade but he certainly can teach!

#19     May 23, 2018
  10. JSOP

JSOP

Is this the Larry R Williams from this article? The founder of Williams% indicator? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_R._Williams

Somebody who founded a six-figure scholarship for journalistic and communication students who show great talent but not having a high GPA? Somebody who won the 1987 World Cup Championship of Futures Trading from the Robbins Trading Company, where he turned $10,000 to over $1,100,000 (10,900%) in a 12-month competition with real money? This is to you, @Pekelo, he is not just somebody who can only teach and not trade; he CAN trade. And somebody who pioneered UTAH to be so far the only state that indexes tax brackets to inflation?

Is this the same person??

#20     May 23, 2018