Steve Nison Seminars

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by brownsfan019, Dec 6, 2005.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Browns.....

I see a lot of frustration coming from you on this thread. (Some of it may be justified.)

There is some validity to candlestick analysis. But, it takes a long time to start to recognize when a candlestick / candle pattern may be telling you something. You won't learn this at a seminar, IMO.

Combined with other "factors", candles can sometimes be helpful.

Conclusion: Save your money. Steve Nison has some good books out. Spend the money on gasoline, go to Barnes & Noble and pick one or two of them. Then, study the market for two to three years.

These are my opinions. Hope this helps you.

#21     Dec 6, 2005
  2. greddy

greddy

His books are good, but I personally would not go to his seminar.

I would rather go to a seminar taught by someone who actually trades similar to my own style.

#22     Dec 6, 2005
  3. My 8 Ball is far more reliable than the Japanese Candlesticks. Stay away from that crap!

#23     Dec 6, 2005
  4. Altucher backtested them and found they didn't work.

#24     Dec 6, 2005
  5. #25     Dec 6, 2005
  6. Now I remember, this seminar is just to happen here in NYC... is it on Wednesday?

An idiot I know, who is a loser, believes in that stupidity of hammers, abandoned babies, three soldiers, etc.

Please don't go, there are several better things to do in a nice city like NY.:D

#26     Dec 6, 2005
  7. Does Altucher trade? I know he writes a lot of stuff and he spends time presenting the backtesting (something must people don't do), but I would like to know if he trades.

#27     Dec 6, 2005
  8. Ebo

Ebo

He is a Wealth Lab parakeet and has a fund of funds!

#28     Dec 6, 2005
  9. ozzy

ozzy

I have nothing against candlesticks. What I have a problem with is paying someone money for something I can learn for free. The best way to learn is through practice.

Personally I'm more interested in the business aspect of things. I can't wait to get my trading in order and move onto the bigger picture (trading can become very repetitive after a while).

Peace out.

oz

#29     Dec 6, 2005
  10. I think the idea here is guys that just b/c you don't like or use or understand candles, doesn't mean they don't work. I've been trading for years and before that was a broker for years. So to talk to me like a newbie is just flat wrong.

I like candles and I'm going to the seminar. If spending $1000 on a seminar is too pricey for you, then we are playing in completely different games. It's pretty obvious that a large number of posters on ET are wanna be's and are nothing but negative. I guess it's frustrating when you think you can be a great trader and turns out guys like me are taking your $ all day long. And since you just don't 'get' candles, you post your uneducated comments in a thread that just asked for some reco's on attending a seminar! I mean, look at the thread that you posted in when you started to rant and rave! lol.

I guess it makes some guys here feel like real men to hide behind their computers and act like complete morons. Maybe trying to put someone else's posts down makes you feel like a real trader.

In theory, the message boards on ET could be very useful. Then, you get idiots like a few that have posted here when they can't act like an adult.

#30     Dec 6, 2005