Steve Nash is todays Tim Hardaway

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fhl, Feb 15, 2007.

1. fhl

fhl

2. WRONG.

Retired Miami Heat guard Tim Hardaway said on a radio show Wednesday that he hates gay people.

"You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known. I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people," Hardaway said while a guest on Sports Talk 790 The Ticket in Miami. "I'm homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."

The host asked Hardaway how he would interact with a gay teammate.

"First of all, I wouldn't want him on my team. And second of all, if he was on my team, I would, you know, really distance myself from him because, uh, I don't think that is right. I don't think he should be in the locker room while we are in the locker room."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=hardawaygaycomments&prov=st&type=lgns

3. ElCubano

ElCubano

the're calling it his .. " St. Valentine Day Massacre" . Basically saying he is done..

4. I was listening to Mandich on 'QAM this afternoon and the hysteria over Hardaway's comments is as outrageous as the comments themselves.

Why is it gay and not homo?

I guess for the same reason "choice" sounds better than abortion.

I know a woman who was a star b-ball and softball player at De Paul Univ. She's straight. She told me she was one of the few non-lesbians in each of those sports and she was VERY uncomfortable with the off field shenanigans of her teammates. Once a big black chick came in her room with a dildo and implored her to "try it".

Few sportswriters feel the need to "go there" when it comes to female homosexuality in sport. It's rampant.