Steve Jobs just died

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by canuckrookie, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Picaso

Picaso

RIP

[​IMG]

#51     Oct 7, 2011
  2. Picaso

Picaso

and

[​IMG]

#52     Oct 7, 2011
  3. For a message forum that one would expect to have greater than average intelligence, it's shocking to me that so many people simply believe the headlines and ad nauseam.
    There is no product that Apple has ever pushed out that was revolutionary by any standard. There was nothing revolutionary about the Ipod, Rio already had a better product which was not being pushed aggressively because the industry did not believe there was a demand due the price point. There was nothing special about the Iphone, in fact, Droid phones quickly proved to be superior. As for the Ipad, please, probably the biggest wasteful gimmick of all, aside from being used as a blocking shield in the Wall Street protests.

But what is truly revolutionary & pioneer is a toy technology product company creating a whole culture that created loyal consumers. Although I doubt that is a good thing, as it speak of the sad state of current mass psychology and an obvious void in people's lives.

#53     Oct 7, 2011
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Come on now, let's give the man respect where he deserves it! Steve's biggest contribution to mankind:

[​IMG]

#54     Oct 7, 2011
  5. That's funny right there!! :D

Jobs' genius seemed to be more on the marketing side of the business, as he was great at reading consumers and their spending habits. Perhaps that's why so many are mourning his passing, as he succeeded so wildly at getting them to consume the Apple product line. To take a bite of the Apple. Look where that got Adam...

I wonder if people held vigils like the ones we're seeing now when Edison and Ford passed away??

#55     Oct 7, 2011
  6. Cars are one of the major causes of death globally today.

Why should the likes of Ford be respected after they are gone with that in mind?

:eek:

#56     Oct 7, 2011
  7. Wrong, it's the drivers of cars that cause the deaths. I have yet to see a report of a vehicle causing a death without being operated by a human being.

Also, Ford did not invent the automobile, the same way Jobs did not invent the computer. They found ways to market them in a way that encouraged mass-consumption, and became famous as a result.

#57     Oct 7, 2011
  8. Then it is clear marketeers get widespread respect while inventors get their respect from the hard core nerds...:D

Like with the Flaming Moe.

#58     Oct 7, 2011
  9. r-in

r-in

I am no Apple fanboy, and only begrudgingly bought an Ipod for my oldest for graduation, but I think the marketing gurus of the world lost a great one. The premium paid for Apple products and the ridiculous worship by Apple fans tells me this guy was a genius marketer. He had a gift and I praise him for that. I know next to nothing else about him, but hope he was a good person too.

#59     Oct 7, 2011
  10. Exactly, one doesn't need to create, only to encourage consumption of the creation. It's working wonderfully for the Chinese.

#60     Oct 7, 2011