Steve Jobs just died

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by canuckrookie, Oct 5, 2011.

1. dtan1e

dtan1e

i really liked the macintosh when it came out, it was a joy to use

#41     Oct 6, 2011
  2. poyayan

poyayan

Hm... unless you are working for yourself, you are allowing others to exploit your talent. Why? because they do it better than you.

#42     Oct 6, 2011
  3. I'm fairly confident in saying...

...more than you have done.

#43     Oct 6, 2011
  4. lassic

lassic

huh? oh, you went that route that if there is an "insult" involved, automatically its because I'm jealous, ok, that's the way you think, no prob

but if you want to know the true definition of "explotation"
    read the early relationship between Jobs and Woz, but without Woz there is no Jobs and without Jobs there is no Woz

#44     Oct 6, 2011
  5. poyayan

poyayan

Which part of my reply said you are jealous? Read my reply again.

Again, read my reply. Did I said Jobs didn't exploit anyone?

#45     Oct 6, 2011
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

[​IMG]

#46     Oct 6, 2011

7. It says something when a guys sells his startup for $500 million! back in 1996!!, and it is considered a failed venture.

But it was a failure compared to the billions in market cap value for apple before he was fired. The billions he made from Pixar. And the 100s of billions in market cap growth for Apple after his return. And almost all that 300+ billion market cap growth was after he was first diagnosed for cancer in 2004 :eek:

Jobs would have taken aapl to a trillion dollar market cap, of that i have no doubt

#47     Oct 6, 2011
  8. No.

More like "automatically" because you're an asshole.

The dude just died. Is it that hard to show a little respect?

#48     Oct 6, 2011
  9. jprad

jprad

A $TN marketcap?

Right...

As for the rest of your post; disjointed nonsense.

NeXT was a failure, no matter how you choose to cut it. It started out as a computer company and subsequently halted hardware manufacture before being acquired by Apple.

Also, the final number was much closer to $425MM and Jobs never saw a dime of that money, it was distributed to the original investors in NeXT. Jobs did get 1.5MM shares in Apple, but that was a poor exchange for the over $70MM of his own money that he sunk into NeXT.

Pixar? Please... Yes, he did buy it for about $10MM from Lucas. But, he did very little there. If anything, it succeeded because he stayed out of the way, giving them the freedom to be creative.

#49     Oct 6, 2011
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

Once again, ET never disappoints with the "entertaining" posts... AAPL from around $3.50/share to $377 over 31 years. Amazing!

Sorry to hear of his passing.:( He was a true Pioneer.

#50     Oct 6, 2011