Steve Jobs just died

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by canuckrookie, Oct 5, 2011.

1. vinc

vinc

Right, so he got what he deserved - pancreas cancer. I hope Wozniak sued him and won and not only confined himself to calling Jobs a thief. Now heaven must be terribly empty and lonely place judging by the standards of some of you guys:) Not that I trust businessmen but wishing the guy to burn in hell is sick imo..

#21     Oct 6, 2011
  2. Tough crowd here. Guess it's hard to please everyone. Mr. Jobs did what few CEO's are capable of doing in today's world. He actually created something rather than just pushing paper and manipulating financial documents for fun and profit. Was it all good and necessary? No, but things seldom are in their entirety.
    In the final analysis I see him as a really brilliant guy, demanding as one might expect, had his share of dumb luck and maximized it, and lived a life few of us can even dream of. I'd call that a win. RIP

#22     Oct 6, 2011
  3. Ash1972

Ash1972

Will you be so sad when Bill Gates dies? Assuming you're still around..

#23     Oct 6, 2011
  4. jobs probably saw the unveiling of the new iPhone and said to himself, "oh screw this, i'm outta here"

(too soon?)

#24     Oct 6, 2011
  5. Is this really a serious statement?

Apple is one of largest corporations of consumer products, which are in reality toys & gimmicks we do not need. They are frivolous luxuries that most of their owners cannot even afford to buy but do so thanks to CREDIT. These are products are built in China at sweatshop factories in piss poor conditions while also producing mass pollution & waste.
    How does that REALLY benefit society? Fleeting enjoyment of a few at the cost of many?

Last I checked, all major corporations are EVIL, especially their CEOs & exec board. But not Steve Jobs? Funny. It's even more ironic when you consider the general demographic of an Apple fanboy. Check the Wall Street protests to see them.

It's sad & borderline shocking to see how people are reacting to this. Truly exemplifies what is wrong with the psychology of the modern world.

#25     Oct 6, 2011
  6. Created exactly what? A crazy marketing campaign that attracted 20-somethings of the far left?

Ipods had more money spent on marketing than actual materials & design. During their launch, Rio flash players were actually a superior product.

#26     Oct 6, 2011
  7. vinc

vinc

What do we need? And who is to tell?? And finally who will take care of jobless people?? I thought The states were complaining of unemployment..

#27     Oct 6, 2011
  8. zdreg

zdreg

"Apple is one of largest corporations of consumer products, which are in reality toys & gimmicks we do not need."

plenty of creative people use them for business purposes and are not lefties.
    what is it to you if apples computers are a cachet to lefties and college students?
    if it is a toy so what is it to u? if people derive pleasure from their apple computer. it is none of your business. at this point you sound like a lefty. it is time for you to brush up on market economics and ayn rand.

#28     Oct 6, 2011
  9. You sound like an Apple fanboy who completely misses the irony and absurdity of the situation. It's just a toy. Hey, I Love my Playstation 3 & PSPGo, but I am not going to proclaim how the founder of Sony's Games unit or their CEO are an angelic human being that Steve Jobs gets made out to be by the Ipod/Iphone/Ipad sheep.
    He was just another big time CEO of a bigtime corporate that produces nothing of true significant value. It's just toys and luxuries. At the expense of Chinese sweatshops, pollution & waste. Get real.

Some of the comments you people post make it seem as if he was a close personal friend of yours. Too funny.

#30     Oct 6, 2011