Steve Jobs is dieing...SHORT APPLE NOW!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by retaildaytrader, Jan 17, 2011.

1. I wish the Jobs the best. That said, without him good luck. They are done. Maybe the Verizon agreement was timed for distraction.

#51     Jan 17, 2011
  2. Here is the key sentence to the Steve Jobs memo "I love Apple so much and hope to be back as soon as I can".

- Usually people express their love when they say goodbye for the last time or believe that this is the last time. Steve has never said he "loved" the company in the past.

- He "hope"s to be back soon. He did not say he "will" be back, only that he "hope"s. Traders know that the word hope is a bad word and a flawed philosophy. You don't hope for anything.

I can only conclude that this is the end for Steve Jobs. Im sorry to see him go, but as an investor and trader it is my duty to protect my capital. I can see no other path for investors or traders but to sell all Apple stock they can. I would not be a hero and try to ride it down in sympathy for Jobs. Instead, I would do what I have to do. If I have to short the stock to protect my capital, then thats what I will do.

#52     Jan 17, 2011
  3. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

It will slow down the train. I have to believe this was not shocking news to anyone at APPL EXECUTIVE office. JObs had to have been planning for this the last 3 years.

Yes, some shine is coming off, but i really dont think the train is going off the rails. There are brilliant of developers, working 15+yrs with Jobs.

Has he even had any input on macs and mac laptops, in the last 3 years, i think he was mostly on the IPHONE/IpAD projects

#53     Jan 17, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Just for the record, you make IncreaseNow look like the President of Mensa.

#54     Jan 17, 2011
  5. jprad

jprad

Completely agree that Apple would be a footnote were it not for Jobs' return.

However, his track record is hardly flawless, he's had his share of failures. His two biggest at Apple were the Apple III and the Lisa.

And, then there's Next...

But, if Next didn't go toe's up, Apple wouldn't have bought them out, bringing Jobs back in the process either.

#55     Jan 17, 2011
  6. NEXT was actually a great computer system and I have a lot of experience with that. However, it was a fad just like the IPAD and IPHONE are fads. People eventually move on.

Steve Jobs might be a great man, but there are no gods among us who live forever. Statistics do not lie about these things. More then likely Jobs will be dead in 1-2 years. Jobs is Apple, but Tim Cook is not Apple. Apple is valued taking into consideration that Jobs will be at the helm, but not that Jobs future at Apple is questionable then it clearly isnt worth the price its at right now.

#56     Jan 18, 2011
  7. Another to add to your greatest hits. BSD with a GUI and OOE was not a fad. It's akin to stating OSX is a fad; or linux for that matter.

The first web-server:

[​IMG]

#57     Jan 18, 2011
  8. AK100

AK100

Ninna is right, Jobs IS holding Apple back these days. Sure he got the massive snowball rolling but if he (sadly) dies the company will show its true potential.

Remember everyone, the way to make money in the markets is to think away from the crowd. The crowd think Apple is Jobs but this is now the year 2011. not 2000/2004......

#58     Jan 18, 2011
  9. Oh yes, they all are fads. Some fads last for years or decades, but they will all eventually end. Let me give you an example. I went to a museum which showed all the different gadgets from 100 years ago. All those gadgets 100 years ago did not seem like fads, but they all were just that.

I have no experience when it comes to all of the modern systems and gadgetry, but I do know one thing...eventually they will become outdated, outmoded and people will move on. The way technology is moving up in leaps and bounds I have no doubt that time will be sooner then later.

I just saw this stock with the symbol COOL moving up and I wonder how long that can continue. Who would play these funny video games and why? Haha.

#59     Jan 18, 2011
  10. I completly disagree...I see this a very similar situation to the Bill Gates Microsoft split. Sure Microsoft was the baddest tech company on the block but once he left it has been stuck. Apple will be the same way. Lets not forget how long Steve Balmer worked under Gates so saying that just because someone worked with Jobs for 15+ years does not guarentee any kind of success.

Bill Gates WAS Microsoft

Steve Jobs IS apple...I hope I wont be changing that to Steve Jobs WAS apple.

I highly doubt we will see Apple prosper without Jobs. It takes a special person to run a special company

#60     Jan 18, 2011