Steve Jobs: Fox News 'A Destructive Force In Our Society'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Steve Jobs told Rupert Murdoch that Fox News was a "destructive force in our society," according to the blockbuster biography of the late Apple CEO.

Poynter was the first to uncover Jobs' blunt words about the network in Walter Isaacson's new book. Isaacson writes that, after speaking at a News Corp. retreat, Jobs unloaded on Murdoch:

"You're blowing it with Fox News," Jobs told him over dinner. "The axis today is not liberal and conservative, the axis is constructive-destructive, and you've cast your lot with the destructive people. Fox has become an incredibly destructive force in our society. You can be better, and this is going to be your legacy if you're not careful." Jobs said he thought Murdoch did not really like how far Fox had gone. "Rupert's a builder, not a tearer-downer," he said. "I've had some meetings with James, and I think he agrees with me. I can just tell."

2. I believe the reports on Fox news led to Steve Job's predicting Obama's one term presidency.

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Key points here. Jobs is actually "having" dinner with Murdoch. That should tell you a lot. And he actually respects him. That tells you more. And yes, most of us here probably agree with Jobs that both Fox and MSNBC are destructive in nature in that they both have turned cable news into tabloid shows. Nothing new here. What was the point of this thread?

In other news, violent rap music has negative effects on teens. LOL.

4. rew

rew

I fully agree that Fox News and MSNBC are both destructive forces in our society.

5. Ricter

Ricter

Where did Jobs comment on MSNBC?

It's ironic though, mentioning Murdoch's legacy. Fox is the least of his legacy's defects I think.

6. Maverick74

Maverick74

It was implied in his quote when he said there are two sides and he said he was choosing to join the destructive people. You are not saying MSNBC is not destructive are you Ricter?

7. If all we get from the GOP is Cain, Romney or Perry (the 3 stooges), Jobs may be dead wrong on his prediction.

WE ARE ALL FUCKED LIKE HOUSECATS!!!

8. Ricter

Ricter

Could be that Jobs had MSNBC in mind as the "constructive" people, but two problems with that, 1) there are many other media besides Fox, and 2) Jobs is dead.

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

So FOX should shut down because Jobs says so? :D :D

10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Steve Jobs also said Obama would be a one term President. Hmm....

#10     Oct 26, 2011