Steve Cohen went to cash last week (at the bottom)

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by stock777, Oct 13, 2008.

1. They will stagger their way into their shorts and longs using various brokers, ECNs, liquidnet, etc. so they don't tip their hand to the market.

#41     Oct 15, 2008
  2. how does he do it then?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cohen's group consistently made 85% gross annual compound

#42     Oct 15, 2008
  3. I've answered this a thousand times.

Why do you think hedge funds are getting subpoenas? WHY do people get subpoenas.?

#43     Oct 15, 2008
  4. ok no it all. Sorry I asked....geez.

still I could ask what for? Insider info?

I was going to say there no way he can get those returns without some kind of "super hedge" I mean there's no way anyone can get those kind of retuturns on the size using T.A. and the fundmamentals we all know about is there?

Super trader........do me a favour... Gordon Geko was a super trader as well LOL

Did S.C trade stocks only? If so how amny pos

#44     Oct 15, 2008
  5. Giucco

Giucco

are hedge funds really getting subpoenas? Any articles out there about this. Thanks

#45     Oct 15, 2008
  6. I doubt the size of his house is what he is most proud of why do you think these guys collect art to show off?

#46     Oct 15, 2008
  7. Do some research on the web.

#47     Oct 15, 2008
  8. JCVR

JCVR

He day trades stocks and the emini in big size.

He has an army of portfolio managers and analysts who trade their own accounts funded with his money but really exist to run ideas past him so he can cherry pick the best, and publicly berate the worst.

He uses technical analysis, fundamental research and the news to come up with trading ideas and unlike many of us who trade too much he is very good at picking out the real gems when it comes to ideas and setups.

SAC has tons of money, pays tons of commissions and has access to everything you can think of, but they do it legally. Given their size they know they are a target so they make sure that the records are meticulous and everyone is in compliance.

He does all of this but the bread and butter in his daily trading account is stock and emini day trades. All the other stuff is basically because they have too much cash to day trade anymore.

#48     Oct 15, 2008
  9. Daal

Daal

who does SAC brokers with?GS?

#49     Oct 15, 2008
  10. No one.
    I repeat "no one" who manages money actively uses only one broker.

#50     Oct 15, 2008