Steve Cohen Photo...

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by NTB, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Are you referring to the primaries? Even if one had a low opinion of politicians, it would be taking it too far to compare them with Steve A. Cohen. The issue is not just about “stepping all over people”. Trading is a zero sum game and so taking from others is a necessary part of things. But it is how Steve. A Cohen does it that has rankled the august ranks of Wall Street’s blood thirsty elites. When even a cock sucking ghoul will not say good things about you, then it is evident that you really are scum.

#51     Jan 9, 2008
  2. I think we're saying the same thing. We'll see how this plays out. Plenty of stuff going on, and the public gets rankled when things go bad. In good markets, they get a little bit, and are happy. Now, I see in the local Fl papers they are trying to hang subprime on the Florida guys running the funds. That'll work its way up the chain quickly, as they look for pockets.

2008 will be very, very interesting.

#52     Jan 9, 2008
  3. It will be interesting for many years to come. The problems in Florida are really the tip of the iceberg. But all that has nothing to do with Steve A. Cohen; the man is not the sort of force that could have created such a crisis.

#53     Jan 9, 2008
  4. bgp

bgp

DOES SAC know me?:confused:

bgp

#54     Jan 9, 2008
  5. Maverick1

Maverick1

One of the articles on Cohen states that he got his start at Gruntal, and mentions that he used to follow their block trades when he was trading. In his later interview with Schwager, he also said that everything he does has its roots in watching volume come into a stock in his early days as a teenager watching the tape at a brokerage office.

Does anyone have any comment on the use of block trades and volume?

#55     Jan 9, 2008
  6. Cutten

Cutten

Art is what rich people buy to convince themselves that life isn't meaningless.

#56     Jan 10, 2008
  7. ggoyal

ggoyal

I think he watched a stock and when green volume suddenly rose, that meants someon knew something, which meants jump on for some then probably fade away when deemed apprpriate. i could obviously be wrong

#57     Jan 10, 2008
  8. cohen selling shares in SAC multi strategy:

SAC Multi Strategy 0 8,000,000

been on market for some time---interest waning??

surf

#58     Aug 20, 2009
  9. That's an investor selling 8MM, not Steve Cohen personally.

#59     Aug 20, 2009
    #60     Aug 20, 2009