Steve Cohen Photo...

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by NTB, Jan 8, 2008.

1. LMFAO!!!

#41     Jan 9, 2008
  2. Sure Stevey Cohen is an extremely successful trader, but is he the best ever?

I would have to say that Thomas Petterffy is the most successful trader of all time. He owns 85% of IBKR. The company is worth 12B and roughly 80% of the profit is from trading (market making). That kind of success is only comparable to Warren Buffet's IMHO and Warren Buffet is more of a private equity tycoon than a trader.

#42     Jan 9, 2008
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

I think it was redman who said that....:p

#43     Jan 9, 2008
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

DR.EVILS cousin ...a cross between mini-me and fat bastard...

hahahahhaahah you go girl

#44     Jan 9, 2008
  5. OMGlmgdmfao!! spit coffee all over my desk..

lololol

#45     Jan 9, 2008
  6. Agree with Pabst.

The smell of tulips is all over the place in this market...

How can one put this struff though...:p

#46     Jan 9, 2008
  7. The rationale must float like ducks in Cohen's head about why he is so despised. How else does he wake up in the morning and still think that he is the king of the hill?

Instead of just looking at Steve Cohen, let me introduce another character: Carl Icahn. Both men are Jewish and both are rich. But Icahn is one of the most highly regarded players on Wall Street whereas Cohen is viewed with disgust. Despite the fact that Icahn has engaged in an all out pursuit of self interest, he is thought of today as one of the world's smartest and most successful investors. Indeed, Icahn has definitely transcended his image as a greenmailer to become a highly respected activist investor. What Icahn does, the market follows. If Icahn makes the call, few, if any, CEOs will choose not to pick up the phone. Can any of you boot licking sycophants ever imagine Cohen acquiring such status in the business and financial community?

#47     Jan 9, 2008

8. lol , it's him ! Two...BILLLLION dollars

#48     Jan 9, 2008
  9. My point is, if money is your measuring stick, Hitler was a success. There is a little more to it than that. At least in my world. To step all over everybody to get it just doesn't cut it. Although it certainly was in vogue until the "change" candidates showed their faces last week.

#49     Jan 9, 2008
  10. Most certainly Method Man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3ewLFkGSpw

One of my all time favorite rap videos- Worth checking out for minority here who appreciates the genre. Note that this video was filmed pre- 9/11 (Post 9/11, it would have been in pretty bad taste. Pre- 9/11 = 100% kosher, IMO).

No love for the rich!

#50     Jan 9, 2008